Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When did you start solids?

1. Senior Member

Hungry When did you start solids?

Advertisements
    When did you start solids? How did you go about it? I was planning to start at 4 months if my pedi was thinking that she was ready (I believe she will be, she shows great interest in food). But, I've decided that I will probably wait until DH is home so he doesn't miss out on something else. She'll be 5 months.

I'm going to be using a Beaba to make her food. I'm excited.
  2. Senior Member
    I tried with DD at 4 months, it did not go well, and seemed to upset her stomach. I tried again at 6 months and she didn't seem too interested. She really wasn't interested in daily solid food until she was probably around 9 or 10 months old, and she really never even liked jarred premade baby food. I had to just puree and mash everything myself, or she wouldn't eat it. I wish I had known how to can back then or I wouldn't have wasted so many veggies.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLea View Post
    I tried with DD at 4 months, it did not go well, and seemed to upset her stomach. I tried again at 6 months and she didn't seem too interested. She really wasn't interested in daily solid food until she was probably around 9 or 10 months old, and she really never even liked jarred premade baby food. I had to just puree and mash everything myself, or she wouldn't eat it. I wish I had known how to can back then or I wouldn't have wasted so many veggies.
    You can actually just freeze after you puree/mash. A lot of people freeze in ice cube trays and take them out as they use.
    And that's another reason I want to make my own. I can imagine it tastes a lot better than the canned stuff.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post
    You can actually just freeze after you puree/mash. A lot of people freeze in ice cube trays and take them out as they use.
    And that's another reason I want to make my own. I can imagine it tastes a lot better than the canned stuff.
    That's such a good idea... I'll have to remember that.
  5. Senior Member
    We got the go ahead from the pedi at 4 months to start Addison on cereal. She hated the rice junk so we switched to oatmeal mixed with bananas.

She loves showing and interest in food and we've tried bananas and peas in actual baby food.

I don't know if its every baby but she has a lot of days where she doesn't want to eat solids and just drink her bottle still though.

We are going to attempt making homemade baby food soon too! We bought a few jars to figure out what she likes and doesn't like though .
  6. blah blah BLAH
    blah blah BLAH
    3 months: rice cereal mixed with formula
    4 months: Stage 1 fruits (ex. apples, bananas, pears)
    5 months: Stage 1 veggies (ex. peas, green beans, squash, sweet potato, carrots)
    6 months: Stage 1 meats (ex. beef, chicken, ham, turkey), Stage 2 mixed veggies, Stage 2 mixed fruits, and rice cracker thingies
    *miles mean NOTHING when you are in love, and love means EVERYTHING when you are miles apart*

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My ped told us to skip the cereal. To go straight to something with nutritional value.
    Anyways, we are thinking around four months if she is ready. I am SO excited to try though. I reallly want her to start eating, like NOW (I know, I know, the first real food poopy diaper and I will regret it )
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

We started at 4 months, too. Her pedi said since she was sitting up so well (assisted) and since she tried to grab our spoons, she was good to go. We introduced one food a week. We are sticking with stage 1 foods and not mixing, and she is 6 months now. I am in no hurry to move on from basic fruits and veggies. I do want to replace some feedings with puree though, or at least feed puree first and then give her a smaller bottle. We stick to mostly veggies but she does get fruits once in a while.

9. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Three days shy of four months.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  10. Senior Member
    How times have changed....Mom was told to not do anything other then breast milk and water till after 11 months. But then I was a 12 week premie...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast