Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not gaining weight.

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Question Not gaining weight.

Advertisements
    So, Jayden isn't gaining weight no matter what I do. We had to change his formula to Nutramigen because he was spitting up half and ounce to a whole ounce per feed (he was on Enfamil Infant prior). On that he was gaining but the doctor said he was lactose intolerant so we changed it and now he isn't spitting up at all .

At Jayden's last 2 appointments he has stayed at 9lbs 2oz and the doctor said if he hasn't gained weight by his next appointment (August 5th) that he may need to be hospitalized . What can I do to help him gain weight? He was drinking 3oz every 3 hours then we upped him to 4oz every 4 hours but he had a crazy amount of spit up so the doctor suggested we go back to 3oz. Any advice mamas?
  2. Senior Member
    I don't have any advice, but lots of for you and Jayden
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QB77 View Post
    I don't have any advice, but lots of for you and Jayden
    Thank you
  4. Senior Member
    I will be that he will not have to go to the hospital. Please keep us updated.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QB77 View Post
    I will be that he will not have to go to the hospital. Please keep us updated.
    Me too, thank you so much for the prayers.
  6. Senior Member
    Is he a good burper? Does he take meds for reflux or similar? He's very close to Michaela's age, and she takes in 3-5oz/feeding. She wasn't gaining well either, until we started supplementing formula along with BFing. Now she's up to 10lb.1oz. Is he having enough of each type of diaper? It could be a metabolic issue. How active is he?
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NocturneSiren View Post
    Is he a good burper? Does he take meds for reflux or similar? He's very close to Michaela's age, and she takes in 3-5oz/feeding. She wasn't gaining well either, until we started supplementing formula along with BFing. Now she's up to 10lb.1oz. Is he having enough of each type of diaper? It could be a metabolic issue. How active is he?
    I get a good 3 or 4 burps out of him when he feeds. He was on Zantac for reflux but the doctor told us to stop giving it to him because he wasn't spitting up. He pees A LOT but poops once a day if I'm lucky. His pedi told me as long as he poops 3x a week he is good, which has me concerned. He is super active, loves tummy time he tries to scoot himself up. He's trying to roll, always whaling his arms and feet.
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    When my daughter was younger, she would spit up A LOT if she wasn't burped properly. So we had to burp her after every single ounce.
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    When my daughter was younger, she would spit up A LOT if she wasn't burped properly. So we had to burp her after every single ounce.
    When he was drinking 4oz we burped every 2oz and now he's back on 3oz we burp every 1.5oz.
  10. Life is too short to wake up with regret
    Life is too short to wake up with regret
    what was his birth weight? E didnt break 10lbs til 4 months. Even know she is just barely 13lbs at 8 months. Some babes are just slow to gain weight. As long as he is having sufficient amount of dirty diapers I wouldnt worry as much. Is there other issues which concern your ped to make him think failure to thrive (which is what im assuming with the hospitalization talk)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast