Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vaccinations?

1. Senior Member

Vaccinations?

Advertisements
    I'm going to attempt sleep shortly after writing this.

As I understand it, the AP "crunchy" parenting movement is largely anti-vax. I don't fall into this category, nor do I not fall into it. Some things work for me, others don't. I am interested in what information is out there on why one wouldn't vaccinate (aside from scare tactics, which I'm aware are used on both sides)? Why delayed vs. pediatrician's schedule?

Currently, the pediatrician we use is in an office that won't take you as a client if you refuse vax. I don't like not having the choice, and may be migrating shortly. Michaela got some shots on Friday at her WBV, and had minor reactions.
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NocturneSiren View Post
    I'm going to attempt sleep shortly after writing this.

As I understand it, the AP "crunchy" parenting movement is largely anti-vax. I don't fall into this category, nor do I not fall into it. Some things work for me, others don't. I am interested in what information is out there on why one wouldn't vaccinate (aside from scare tactics, which I'm aware are used on both sides)? Why delayed vs. pediatrician's schedule?

Currently, the pediatrician we use is in an office that won't take you as a client if you refuse vax. I don't like not having the choice, and may be migrating shortly. Michaela got some shots on Friday at her WBV, and had minor reactions.
    Most don't vax because of the authsim scare from that crazy british exdoctor.
    And I know alot delay because 3-4 shots at once is alot for a little baby. I support delaying, but won't babysit kids that aren't vax'ed at all. It actually makes your kids life harder if they don't get them at all. Some daycares won't allow them in, schools need a wavier. If they join the military they become a pin cushion for everthing!
    Reactions are normal. I don't know a baby or adult who doesn't have a little reactions. redness, crying, its all normal just like if you get a shot, same with fevers.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Me: Long Island, NY Him: MK A School Yorktown, VA
    I haven't vaccinated yet because of DHs reaction to all vaccinations. Also because I think these shots are more harmful than helpful in our situation. A User-Friendly Vaccination Schedule by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD
    Here's an article that helped me decide what we wanted to do. Good luck with your decision, its a really tough one, but I've found the more research, the better!

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    With our first, I didn't delay; but, I wish I had. I would rather do one or two shots at a time then the big ones. Plus, it is easier on the body.

I'm very much for Vax. There was lies spread about how they caused Autism. People were looking for a blame and that got it.

our generation didn't live through a time that you really dealt with the things we are vaxing against now. My mom remembers days when you didn't know if you classmates were coming back because of Mumps, Fevers, ect. We are blessed and very laxed on it now.

I really not to know my Dr and we really talked about each vax before we did it. Research is a big thing. Only on sites that aren't baised. Webmd, Mayo, ect. The others, I don't trust.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Senior Member
    I'm not a mother but I'm a big advocate for vaccinating.

I would rather my child have minor reactions and a bit of short lived pain, than to watch them suffer from the disease itself.

The diseases are real, the cost is real, sickness is real and death is real. The diseases that vaccinations prevent are popping up all over the place again because parents choose not to vaccinate their children.

Putting your child in his car seat to go to the grocery store poses a higher risk of death than dying/serious side effect from a vaccination.

Furthermore, infants don't remember they had a vaccination later in life. So I seriously doubt there are any long term psychological issues. I can't remember any of them but Hepatitis B, because it wasn't offered until I was in the 6th grade.
  6. Senior Member
    Some of the vaccinations have over the limit of mercury in them that is considered safe for children which worries a lot of people. We didn't delay, but we have selectively vaxed and did an alternate schedule. We didn't with DS because we though we were going to be traveling to Korea and I wanted him covered. I really regret it considering we ended up at urgent care and he had to go on steroids for a week. Lots of kids have no reactions, I was just annoyed because I was so careful with DD and nothing happened and then I wasn't with DS. I still feel guilty. Lots of people vax with no problems though too.
  7. Senior Member
    We vaccinated Hayden on schedule, except for his MMR vaccination. He's getting that in a few weeks. He never really have any reactions to them, other than swollen where he got the shot and he slept a lot.

8. Senior Member
    We started spacing ours out after the 2nd round when he got a shot in each arm and and leg . DS didn't have a major reaction, but you could tell he felt bad. He slept a lot for the next 2 days and it really worried me. After that we still followed the schedule we just did 1 shot every 2-3 weeks, and neither the immunizations clinic or our ped on base had a problem with that. He wasn't phased at all by the shots after that. I'm all for vaccination, but I think the number of shots they give at once is just too aggressive.
  9. I'm so much cooler online
    I'm so much cooler online
    My baby isn't born yet, but DH and I've discussed it, and we are going to go the vaccination route. I do think I'll spread them out though... Although there is a very small part of me that wants to get them done all at once so she doesn't have to be poked multiple times... But in the end I'd rather spread them out. However I'm not a HUGE fan of the Chicken Pox vaccine. I personally think it's over rated. I haven't heard of people having complications from getting the chicken pox minus a couple scars.
  10. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justangelyn View Post
    My baby isn't born yet, but DH and I've discussed it, and we are going to go the vaccination route. I do think I'll spread them out though... Although there is a very small part of me that wants to get them done all at once so she doesn't have to be poked multiple times... But in the end I'd rather spread them out. However I'm not a HUGE fan of the Chicken Pox vaccine. I personally think it's over rated. I haven't heard of people having complications from getting the chicken pox minus a couple scars.
    Uk doesn't do chicken pox shot but ds needs it to go to CDC.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast