Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 questions. (TMI)

1. Senior Member

Question 2 questions. (TMI)

Advertisements
    Postpartum bleeding-when will it end? it has been 3 months and I still have it. Not a lot, but a small amount every day. It has been this way for two months now. It's so annoying. I've worn pads every day since I gave birth.

Other question. Anna hates tummy time, so I rarely do it with her. Now I'm afraid I'm hindering her. She screams her head off every time I try. She's pretty good at holding her head up and she rolls over onto her tummy really well, but hates it once she's there. Idk what to do. She can't get her elbows underneath her to prop herself up so her face is always buried in the floor.
  2. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    1- Have you talked to your Dr.? I know with ODS is was about 4 weeks but withh YDS it was just about 6 weeks. Three months seems a little excesive though.

2- Just make her do it. The only way for her arms to really get strong enough is to work on it. Get down on the floor with her & pull her arms up under her so she has an idea of what she needs to be working on.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I was reading on baby center that to strenghten her arms and neck muscles, to lay her flat on her back and while holding her hands pull her up into a sitting position, and then lower her back down.
    DD does not do much tummy time, not because she does not like it but because... well I guess I am a bad mommy.
    I have hardwood floors and I would not want to lay on them, so I dont lay heron them When we went tot he dr she said that Anabelles neck muscles were a little bit behind because of the lack of tummy time
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

Quote Originally Posted by princessgwynn View Post
    1- Have you talked to your Dr.? I know with ODS is was about 4 weeks but withh YDS it was just about 6 weeks. Three months seems a little excesive though.

2- Just make her do it. The only way for her arms to really get strong enough is to work on it. Get down on the floor with her & pull her arms up under her so she has an idea of what she needs to be working on.
    This is what I would say as well.

You shouldn't still be bleeding so I would get it looked at.

Getting down with her will be the best way to make it fun for her and help her get the most out of her T.Time. You'll have some fun too
  5. Senior Member
    I'd ask your doc about the post partum bleeding.

We never forced tummy time. We were told by our doctor if they are miserable the whole time to just flip them back or pick them up if we wanted. Tummy time is something they've started pushing in the last 10 years, but babies were okay before hand without it.
  6. Senior Member
    I just wanted to say that it's not blood red discharge. Rather the light watery pinky/brown color. Sorry for the image. I guess I should talk to the doctor then. Maybe I'll ask Anna's pedi. at her appointment next week.
  7. Senior Member
    With both ODS and YDS, i was about 3 months postpartum bleeding.... At the end i was like the final stage of a period but it was about 12 weeks. I would call your doc to be safe....

ODS hated tummy time. I helped him a lot and tried to sing to him or make it a game. I eventually bought him a little mat with lots of colors and he would push himself up to try and see it. He would still get fussy so I didn't push it...
  8. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    Isabella is the same with tummy time! I was just telling DH today I feel bad she doesnt get alot of tummy time. I used to be able to lay her on me on her tummy and she was content and even would fall asleep. Now when i try, her face is just buried in the floor. But she's starting to "sit up" so if i put her on her stomach on me shes holding her head up high, but if i pet her on her play mat on her tummy her face goes right into the floor
  9. Banned
    Banned
    PP bleeding stopped for me about 6 weeks.

as for tummy time? Keira hated it as well, but were told to just do it....give her 5 mins of tummy time with you down there with her...she'll figure out how to get the arms out and she'll start to love it. Now you can't keep Keira off her tummy.
  10. Regular Member
    DS hated tummy time too. Like others suggest, try getting down on the floor with her. Also, try putting a mirror in front of her. DD loooooves mirrors so maybe yours will too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast