Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Night feedings

1. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Me: Long Island, NY Him: MK A School Yorktown, VA

Shock Night feedings

Advertisements
    So long story short, Dakota was sleeping 5 hours a night, which is sounding amazing right now!! Three nights ago she started waking every two hours to feed, just like she does during the day. It's horrible only because I got used to that 5 hours. I've tried pretty much every thing, soothing bath, sang to her, "peace and calming" essential oil on her feet, a bit of rice cereal in her bottle ( not a lot, half a tbs) - she even took 7 oz at 8:30pm when I put her down.

I went to sleep and woke up to her rustling around at 10:38pm and I didn't move. I let her cry for a bit but she started really crying. I picked her up and held her, cuddled her and sang to her. I offered her her paci but she screamed and did her hungry cry. That was it, I made her a bottle and she fell back asleep. She was up again at 12:30, 2:15, 4:30 and 6 and now she's up playing in her Jumperoo.

It might be a growth spurt, if so when will it end? If not, what am I doing wrong? Is it me or is she really not tired? She's supposed to be tired- she's not sleeping 12-14 hrs per day! Almost everyone I talk to say that their baby sleeps through the night, so why isn't mine? I feel so defeated and exhausted- help!!

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    sounds like it could be a growth spurt, is she sleeping for long periods during the day? Nearly like clock work, my YDD would go through growth spurts every 3 months it lasted about 2 weeks, constant eating, I did exclusive BFing, growth spurts were such a drag

hang in there momma
  3. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    She is sleeping her normal naps, 40 min at 8:30-9 and 40 min at 2:30. I wish she would sleep more during the day! I know that being a SAHM isn't supposed to be easy, I just need a little bit of sleep

4. Regular Member
    We just went through the same thing with Kenna. It sucks but it does end!
  5. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    My little girl just started doing the same thing! Running on power naps isn't as good as the 5-6 hours sleeps lol the entire time I'm breastfeeding I have to just say over and over "she's totally worth it. I don't need sleep anyways." haha! Good luck momma
  6. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    It was definitely a growth spurt and it lasted about a week. She isn't completely back to normal yet but she's getting there! for the support ladies!!