Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Woombie

1. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D

Woombie

Advertisements
    I'm so excited. I just ordered a Woombie.The Woombie is the safest, most natural way to swaddle your baby.

DD hated being swaddled and was too big for the newborn swaddlers someone had gotten me. I was never comfortable using blankets to swaddle, especially when she was sleeping. She went straight to sleep sacks for sleeping as soon as we got home from the hospital.

So I'm really excited about the woombie. Hopefully this baby likes to be swaddled, especially since she'll still be able to move some instead of being immobilized. I plan on taking it to the hospital and using at birth.

Has anyone used one of these?
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I have seen them but never sed them. Let us know how they work out for you! I sucked at swaddling....
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

i lnow a girl who used one and loved it and it worked and another girl who it didnt work for. i have one but never used it and now ansley is probably too big for it.
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

We got one thinking that it would be awesome for Kaia because she loves being swaddled (she STILL has trouble falling asleep if she isn't swaddled), and she hated it. She likes to be completely tied down with her arms immobilized. She immediately calms when we do that. I DREAD the day we can't swaddle her anymore because she is too big. Getting her to fall asleep without being swaddled is almost impossible. I am saving it hoping that the new baby will like it if we used it from the beginning, and maybe it will help them transition to sleeping without a swaddle blanket easier.
  5. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    We got one thinking that it would be awesome for Kaia because she loves being swaddled (she STILL has trouble falling asleep if she isn't swaddled), and she hated it. She likes to be completely tied down with her arms immobilized. She immediately calms when we do that. I DREAD the day we can't swaddle her anymore because she is too big. Getting her to fall asleep without being swaddled is almost impossible. I am saving it hoping that the new baby will like it if we used it from the beginning, and maybe it will help them transition to sleeping without a swaddle blanket easier.
    Have you tried slowly getting her unused to being swaddled? Kenna was the same way, then we slowly started leaving one arm loose and then out of the swaddle. Now we are with both arms out and just her lower body swaddled. It definitely was a process of like 4 weeks but we are getting there.