Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Diapering Mama's...

1. Regular Member

Cloth Diapering Mama's...

Advertisements
    So I want to start cloth diapering Kenna. Where do you get all of your adorable diapers from? And where can you buy the inserts that you can just throw in the toilet (I think I read in one of the posts that those do exist)? Also... Any other advice or sites to look at? I want to go with the all in one's one size. You ladies convinced me to try it. DH is still iffy about it so I'm only going to buy a couple to start off with to convince him.
  2. Senior Member
    GroVia, Flip and Bumkin have disposable inserts I'm sure more brands have them as well.
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

3. Regular Member
    Do the inserts come with the diapers or do you buy those separately?
  4. The LDR that never ends..
    The LDR that never ends..
    There was a post earlier today about some on Etsy and they looked super cute!
  5. Senior Member
    that was my post cloth diaper picks! [IMG heavy]

i *think* you have to buy them seperately. If you buy a diaper usually it comes with a reusable insert, but not the disposable. i'm not an expert, i am just learning, heck i don't even have any yet.
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

6. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Here is a thread some of us are putting together with TONS of info:
    The low down on cloth diapers

The hybrid diapers I use are the Flip diapers, and they are a waterproof cover that you can use disposable or reuseable inserts in. I buy the disposable inserts in packs of 18, but you can get a starter pack called a Flip Travel Pack that has two covers and one pack of disposable liners. It's like $30 and you get to choose the color and closure of the covers. Then when you need more disposable inserts you just buy another package of them for like $5.
    Flip Travel Pack: 2 One-Size Diaper Covers 18 Disposable Inserts - Vacation Essentials - Cotton Babies Cloth Diaper Store

7. Senior Member
    I personally, like Cloth Diapers Store - Cloth Diapers & Cloth Diaper Covers by bumGenius, Fuzzi bunz, Thirsties and GroVia (formally Gro Baby) because of their point rewards program. But there's so many sights out there. I started with one size FuzziBunz - And they just have no worked for us. I know they work for others - I just don't think they work with DDs body type. I am actually trying to sell them - If you're at all interested My two favorites that work for us now are BumGenius 4.0s and Happy Hineys.
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Allyssa View Post
    I personally, like Cloth Diapers Store - Cloth Diapers & Cloth Diaper Covers by bumGenius, Fuzzi bunz, Thirsties and GroVia (formally Gro Baby) because of their point rewards program. But there's so many sights out there. I started with one size FuzziBunz - And they just have no worked for us. I know they work for others - I just don't think they work with DDs body type. I am actually trying to sell them - If you're at all interested My two favorites that work for us now are BumGenius 4.0s and Happy Hineys.
    Yes, I agree. I LOVE the rewards program there. I am saving up my points there.

9. Regular Member
    Also, What kind of detergent do you use? Right now we use Arm & Hammer for all the clothes, It's about the only thing that doesn't make me break out. Do you wash other clothes with the diapers or just the diapers alone? I have sooo many questions.
  10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

You have to use special detergent for diapers with no brighteners or enzymes or fragrance. Too many extras will cause build up and then the diapers will start to smell and repel liquids. Because of this, and because diapers have a different wash cycle routine than regular clothes, you will want to wash them separately.

MOST detergents that you find in the grocery store aren't good for cloth diapers. Here is a list of detergents and how good they are rated for cloth diapers:
    Detergent Chart for Use in Cloth Diapering

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast