Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How much would you pay....

1. Senior Member

How much would you pay....

Advertisements
    I started making these baby hats for my friend who is a photographer. She loves taking pictures of little babies with these cute crochet hats on. Well it got me thinking, that if I have trouble finding a job once I return home, I might just try selling these online. I know it wont be a huge profit maker but I have fun doing it and if I made a little money that would be cool.

So my question for you mommies is what would be a realistic amount of money you would pay (if you would pay) for a hat such as the ones pictured below? I dont just want to go off of what other people are pricing theirs at because to be honest it ranges so much that I dont even know where I would begin.

I would most likely add a cute flower to these specific hats. For little boys I was gonna make the hats with the ear covers on them, little animal faces/ears, or puff balls at the top. And I would probably also make just plain crochet hats cause they are fast and easy to get done.

2. Banned
    Banned
    I would probably pay like $10 in person. If I saw them at a craft market or something.
    On etsy you could probably get $15-18 for them if you photograph them well
  3. I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    I Can See Clearly Now....The S**T Is Gone
    those right there...maybe $8 animal ones that are a little more in depth 10-15
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    try headbands to those seem to be in!
  5. Senior Member
    I bought animal ear hats this past christmas for the kids and they ran about 15/piece. I've actually been looking on etsy for some kids stuff to use in pictures.
  6. Senior Member
    I definitely plan on going more in depth with them. I havent done anything to those hats just yet cause they were a new pattern I was trying and I had just finished them. But thank you for the responses! Im kind of excited that even if I do find a job I still might do a little bit of this on the side and see how it goes. Even if no one buys them, I guess my kiddo will be well styled in the crochet hat area

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    I would probably pay like $10 in person. If I saw them at a craft market or something.
    On etsy you could probably get $15-18 for them if you photograph them well
    Since im practically giving them to my best friend for her photography, she will most likely let me use the photos she takes or will just take photos of the hats themself for me. So Im hoping that will drive some interest in them
  7. Senior Member
    I would probably pay $8-$10 for that style. Would pay more for the elf style, hats with long strings, patterns, "ears" or even the fruit hats.