Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airplanes and babiess

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Airplanes and babiess

Advertisements
    We are leaving for Missouri on the 1st.
    Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to make the flight with my 2 month old little girl?
  2. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

A sling or wrap is a must! I flew a bunch with ds1 in his first year. I had to take him out of the sling when we went through the metal detectors but it was so much easier not dealing with a stroller. Even the umbrella stroller was a pain in the ass.
  3. aka Milfon2Wheelz
    aka Milfon2Wheelz

Oh and nurse or give your lil one a paci during takeoff and landing, the suckng will help them equalize the pressure in their ears.
  4. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by MILFon2wheelz View Post
    A sling or wrap is a must! I flew a bunch with ds1 in his first year. I had to take him out of the sling when we went through the metal detectors but it was so much easier not dealing with a stroller. Even the umbrella stroller was a pain in the ass.
    That's what I was told by a few people as well, so I'm definitely going to be following this advice when I have to go from NY to HI with Landon when he's a month old

Tana Bear - Let me know how it works out for you because I'm a little at the idea

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

thanks!! I dont have a sling, but I have a carrier that she fits in.
    this is only my second time flying, so it is just scary all together
  6. I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    I was the perfect mom, until I had kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tana Bear View Post
    thanks!! I dont have a sling, but I have a carrier that she fits in.
    this is only my second time flying, so it is just scary all together
    I'm scared of flying, DH always makes fun of me...but as he tells me, it will be fine You and your little one are going to get to your destination safe and sound Sending lots of for an easy and safe trip for you

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We'll be flying with Wyatt on August 1st from HI to SC when he's just over 2 months old so I'll be stalking this thread for tips, as well.
    Are you buying her a seat? We bought Wyatt a seat since I couldn't see it being very safe or comfortable holding a squirming infant for a 10+ hour flight. We're going to try to get him used to a paci and taking a bottle so that he can eat on take off/landing without having to be unbuckled.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    We'll be flying with Wyatt on August 1st from HI to SC when he's just over 2 months old so I'll be stalking this thread for tips, as well.
    Are you buying her a seat? We bought Wyatt a seat since I couldn't see it being very safe or comfortable holding a squirming infant for a 10+ hour flight. We're going to try to get him used to a paci and taking a bottle so that he can eat on take off/landing without having to be unbuckled.
    no dh and I are going to be holding her.
  9. Senior Member

I fly a lot and with my two boys, too. Both my kids flew at about 6 weeks to 2 months old and were troopers. They never really showed any signs of being bothered by the take off and landings, they pretty much slept through them.

Anyway, things I made sure to bring with me were lots of zip lock bags! Great for dirty diapers, dirty clothes and any other messy item that can't be washed or thrown away immediately.
    The baby sling would be a good thing to get.

You will be ok flying, think about the thousands of flights a day around the world that go without incident. It's the safest way to travel.
  10. Moderator

I flew with Damien a couple of times when he was a leetle bebe- he just slept the whole time, it was nice. The airport is a hassle, that's true, but I found a stroller to be helpful for lugging around my carry-ons (I never check bags so I always have the max # of carry-ons/personal items). I just fed him during takeoff and he fell asleep and stayed that way. Good luck! I hope you have a good trip.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast