Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help, fast!

1. Senior Member

Smile Help, fast!

Advertisements
    Teething remedies? We think this may be the cause of Anna's recent constant hand chewing and refusing of the breast. She is too little for teething toys, she won't hold anything in her hand. I've read that the teething tablets and baby gels were recalled and are most likely not safe. So, what do I do?! I need to go to walgreens and get something.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Teething already!??!?!?!?!?!?!
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    my dad always rubbed a bit of whiskey on our gums... just a smidget. Some might have an issue with this, and I'm not trying to start a debate, but he sweared it worked, so if you're okay with that, maybe try it?

Good luck. I don't know much about parenting, but that's one age old remedy to fix almost anything
  4. Senior Member
    Cold, Frozen Washcloths
    Hitting up the double digits in recommendations — and the most frugal of possibilities — is the simple washcloth teething remedy. Some moms freeze washcloths, some just get them cold but the concept is the same: wet, wring out, and place in the freezer. Similar to the ice cube remedy, above, some moms choose to dip the washcloth in chamomile tea before freezing.

Try out different degrees of coldness for your baby. If she doesn’t seem to enjoy the sensation, you can also try a damp or dry washcloth or hankie with knots tied in it; some babies enjoy the hardness of the knots. Finally, experiment with different textures and thicknesses.

Natural Teething Home Remedies: 10 Most Popular Recommendations :: hippie dippie bébé
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh and FYI, idk how old Anna is, but I had all my teeth by 9 months, so it may not be too early. Every baby develops differently. I was carrying conversations by 1 year, and my brother wasn't until he was almost 4.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HollySunshine View Post
    Teething already!??!?!?!?!?!?!
    IDFK. We just can't figure out anything else that's causing the way she's acting.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimie14 View Post
    Oh and FYI, idk how old Anna is, but I had all my teeth by 9 months, so it may not be too early. Every baby develops differently. I was carrying conversations by 1 year, and my brother wasn't until he was almost 4.
    Almost 2 months.
  8. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Teething tablets were recalled (just the Hylands brand) because there were inconsistent amounts of belladonna in the tablets. According to the company, they have been working on quality control and they will be re-released soon. Humphrey's also makes teething tablets and Walgreens carries them. I would avoid the topical stuff that contains the numbing stuff (like Orajel and Ambesol) as I've read some recent stuff questioning the safety--and I also think it toughens their gums and makes it more difficult for the tooth to break through?

Other than that you can massage her gums.

Also remember that she might be chewing/sucking on her hands more simply because she has "found" them. Ella has started doing it more just the last couple days.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  9. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Evan got his first tooth at 4 months and that isn't super early so it's not out of the question.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    the washcloths are a great way to sooth teething.
    we also put ice in these.
    Munchkin: Fresh Food Feeder
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast