Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: toys

1. Senior Member

toys

Advertisements
    Is it just me or do toy manufacturers make like 0 toys for babies under 6 months? Addison gets so bored with just a rattle and after about 15 minutes in a bouncer she's beyond bored too.

We tried every single jumper at BRU last night with her and tried to get her to play (she just kind of played with the toy but sat there and wouldn't bounce even when we bounced her to show her how).

I feel awful having only rattles when I think she needs more toys .

Any suggestions?
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Dylan had his excersaucer, and balls and such. At like 4 months I just started buying toys for 6 months like the t tech laptop thy have.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Mommy2Dakota
    Mommy2Dakota
    Me: Long Island, NY Him: MK A School Yorktown, VA
    I have the same problem! I put her in her Jumperoo and I have small toys for her like her "crinkle" book and I have a bumble bee hanging from her car seat. Other than that, I don't have anything she can play with. Dakota just started rolling from back to belly so I have a ball that you turn on and she swats at and plays music but she gets bored quick too! I'll be stalking this thread

4. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Also play mats.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

5. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    There are toys out there that start younger.

I bought DD a few toys for "6months+" when she was only 3months old. She had this one light up ball that played music that said 9months+ even when she was about 4months old and she loved it.

Just get her some simple toys like a play mat, balls(they make soft ones she can squeeze/drool on), and then little hand held toys that play music.

DD had this and she LOVED playing on it and with the stuff it has (there are lots of other cute mats too.)
    Baby Einstein Baby Gym, Neptune Ocean Adventure - Walmart.com

Oh and here these start at 3months
    Vtech- Holiday Bear and Book Gift Set Pink - Walmart.com
    Walmart.com: Baby Einstein - Roller-Pillar Activity Balls: Baby & Toddler Toys
    Walmart.com: Baby Einstein - Press & Play Pals, Panda: Development & Learning Toys
    Walmart.com: VTech - Happy Lights Bear, Pink: Baby & Toddler Toys
    Walmart.com: Bright Starts - Activi-Tree: Baby & Toddler Toys

(there are lots more those can give you an idea of what is out there for her age. )
    Signature removed due to size.
  6. Moderator

I mostly ignored the age recommendations. I mean, if they were for small/moving parts yeah, but if it was more of a "your kid won't like this yet" thing, I ignored it. Damien loved anything that lit up. He was nuts over colorful, bright, flashing lights. So we just got stuff that did that and he was happy.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Get her a baby gym!
  8. Senior Member
    kenz has a crinkle bee, those oval rings that you can join together, little sqeaker animals, and excersaucer and jumperroo which she LOVES!
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

9. blah blah BLAH
    blah blah BLAH
    The play mats are definitely a great idea! We have the one with the toys hanging from above, and another one with the toys out in front (for tummy time). The little books ("crinkle" books as a PP called them) are great because of the bright colors and different textures. Rattles (I know you said that's all you really have, but they're still good). The bouncer would be great too.. just because she didn't bounce when you were at BRU doesn't mean she won't once you get it home and she's in it for a while. Teething rings, even if she isn't teething, are good because they have different textures.

We also have two crib / floor toys... one is a fish that has a mirror and some squeaky toys that lights up and plays music when Kenley smacks it, the other is a mirror with crinkle toys. I find the mirrors really engage them. Kenley is always trying to attack whoever that pretty little baby is on the other side

LoveMikeyBear and Loving are right.. there are tons of different options, just shop around! And as long as it's not anything that could be hazardous (small parts, etc) then don't worry too much about the age recommendation. You know what your baby can handle. Kenley has been in a walker now for a couple of weeks.. one that said it was for 6 months, but I knew she would love it because from the time she was 3 months she has been trying to put weight on her legs and stand on my lap. Like I said, you know Addison best.. so you be the judge.
    *miles mean NOTHING when you are in love, and love means EVERYTHING when you are miles apart*

10. Senior Member
    Thanks for all of the suggestions ladies!
    I totally need that ball! Addison has been rolling back to belly and back for 2-4 weeks now so she would probably love that.

Addison already has a play mat and again 15 minutes later she wants up. I think it's because she's so attached to me, but I still want more stuff for her to play with.

I tried giving her stuff off the shelf to see if she would like some stuff and she wanted nothing to do with it.

Did it take your babies a little while to get use to the jumpers? I really wanted one for her 'cause she loves to bounce on my leg but she wouldn't bounce in it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast