Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how much is too much?

1. Senior Member

how much is too much?

Advertisements
    kenz is almost 4 months old and the chart that her doctor wrote out for me says 4-6 oz every 4-5 hours and she eats like 5 oz every 2-3 hours. is that too much for her? part of me feels she is going through a growth spurt because she's eating so much and sleeping A LOT.
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Savanna View Post
    kenz is almost 4 months old and the chart that her doctor wrote out for me says 4-6 oz every 4-5 hours and she eats like 5 oz every 2-3 hours. is that too much for her? part of me feels she is going through a growth spurt because she's eating so much and sleeping A LOT.
    The charts are just averages. She has a lot of growing to do. I would let her eat what she wants.
  3. Senior Member
    Sami was going through about 8 oz every 3 hours about that age. Her doctor had no problems with it. She's still on the thin side at 5 years

4. Senior Member
    alright, i wasnt sure if i was over feeding her, people always comment on her thighs

5. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    As long as she is staying on HER chart line then to much is when she starts rejecting it. Your ped. can only tell you what babies eat on average and if she is not the average baby or is going through a growth spurt then go with her needs. ALWAYS trust your gut & your baby to tell you what they need.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Savanna View Post
    alright, i wasnt sure if i was over feeding her, people always comment on her thighs
    Oh. They will just get bigger and bigger until she start walking. Then they will just melt away. my theory is that they spend so much energy when they finally learn to walk they need the extra fat stores.
  7. Senior Member
    thats a good theory good to know she is just fine

8. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarianna View Post
    Oh. They will just get bigger and bigger until she start walking. Then they will just melt away. my theory is that they spend so much energy when they finally learn to walk they need the extra fat stores.
    I am totally with you on this one! A good friend of ours has a little girl who was total piggy baby- she was 20lbs at a year. She is now walking and while she isn't as skinny as my bean poles she is sooooo much smaller. She has just run off all that extra in the last 6 months.
  9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

jack took 8oz every 3hrs
  10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Ew, ignore people. People talk about how chubby Kaia is and sometimes they are rude about it, but she eats on demand, we never force feed her, and she only eats formula (7oz every 5 or 6 hours so not even that much) and an ounce of puree once a day. We don't comfort her with food, she eats when she is actually hungry, so she is perfectly fine. She just happens to be a super chub (she is 18 lbs at 5 months which apparently is GIANT to some people ). I hate people's stupid snark ass comments. Babies are all different and there is nothing wrong with chub or rolls on a baby. It's a freakin baby.

Sorry don't mean to unload on you, I just get so irritated when people try to make me feel like I am doing something wrong because Kaia is chubby, and I hate when other people are made to feel that way, too. It's not like any of us would put our babies on diets, they are infants for goodness sake. The comments just really get to me, obviously.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast