Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How do I get my baby to bed earlier?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

How do I get my baby to bed earlier?

Advertisements
    This all started last Friday when we couldn't find a sitter so DH took the baby to D&D night. The kid stayed up until midnight. This totally threw his schedule off. He use to go to bed at 9 and wake up at nine. Now it doesn't matter when I wake him up, he goes to bed at 11. This morning I got him up at 8 am! He takes very short (15 minutes or so) cat naps throughout the day, maybe 3-4 of these. Then he usually takes a 1-2 hour nap between 2-4 p.m.
  2. Senior Member
    try to get him to nap earlier in the day? idk kenz goes to bed at like 11 or 12 and gets up at 7am
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

3. Senior Member
    Anna goes to bed between 10-12. She gets up between 9-11 though. I can rarely get her to bed earlier.
  4. Senior Member
    I think it just all depends on the baby.

I know Addison use to go to bed pretty late (10-11 p.m.) and now she starts falling asleep between 7-9 p.m. We have a routine though. Starting at about 5:30-6 p.m. she eats her 8 oz for dinner and her oatmeal and usually when she's eating the last 2 oz of formula she'll start falling asleep. Last night she woke up around 8 p.m. for 2 more oz and then fell right asleep. She gets up at 5:30 a.m. though. She wakes up as soon as I move out of bed in the morning to do things for DH before work. And she takes 1-2 naps a day ranging from an hour to 4 hours.
  5. Senior Member
    Keep to a nightly routine. Also can you stimulate him more during he day with tummy time or something? I know when I use my.brain and exercise during the day I fall asleep earlier and sleep sounder during the night.
  6. Senior Member
    our kids were going to bed pretty late too up until they were a few months old. that's when we started our bedtime routine. dinner, bath, book, and then bed. move it to a little earlier every few days. it is hard for about a week but they get used to it eventually.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I put DS to bed at about 8 and he's normally asleep by 8:30 or 9

DD normally falls asleep around 8, wakes up at about 11 to eat, sleeps til 3-4 to eat and then wakes up at 7 when we go to daycare

8. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    DD was usually in bed around 9:30 until she was about 8 months old. I went back to work and she didn't have a choice. I couldn't let her sleep until 9am anymore so she was in bed by 6:30 so we could be out of the house by 7am the next day. Now that she's older, we start her bedtime around 6:30pm and she is in her room by 7:30pm. Usually doesn't fall asleep until 8pm. But, she's going to be in her room by 7:30pm and she is going to be up by 6:30am whether she wants to or not.

I'd just put him in bed when it's time and go from there. Don't adjust your schedule at this point, just attempt to get him back to where he was.