Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Going dairy-free

1. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick

Going dairy-free

Advertisements
    I thought Ella seemed to be spitting up a bit less when I cut out obvious dairy (milk, cheese, ice cream, etc.), and thought maybe she was just a bit sensitive to it. But yesterday she had a few streaks of blood in her diaper. So now I'm cutting out all dairy ingredients. I want some Coffeemate in my coffee but it has sodium caseinate in it GRRRR!!! Thankfully I'm already stocked up on almond milk. On the bright side maybe I'll lose some weight!!

Anyone else dairy-free?
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  2. Senior Member
    I'm thinking of going dairy free because it seems like this pregnancy has made me lactose intolerant I'm just now starting to look in to it though so I don't have much advice.

I wish you luck!
  3. Mommy of 2 Boys!
    Mommy of 2 Boys!
    I had to go dairy free with Hunter. It was hard! It ended up not helping and he had to go on Similac Alimentum formula.
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by MommyToHunter View Post
    I had to go dairy free with Hunter. It was hard! It ended up not helping and he had to go on Similac Alimentum formula.
    That's my fear. And I can't afford formula eeek!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. Senior Member
    Dairy Free here too It sucks, but I'll do anything for DS. I LOVE dark chocolate almond milk from Silk. It is amazing. However, I don't like the regular almond milk, or soy, or coconut. It's really been hard for me because I LOVE my daily bowl or cereal or two, lol. I get a lot of things at whole foods. I buy vegan butter there, coconut milk creamer for coffee, tofutti cream cheese, which is amazing!

6. Senior Member
    Oh and it DEF makes a difference. If I cheat, he throws up and has green poop so I know it's working!

7. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBreathe View Post
    Dairy Free here too It sucks, but I'll do anything for DS. I LOVE dark chocolate almond milk from Silk. It is amazing. However, I don't like the regular almond milk, or soy, or coconut. It's really been hard for me because I LOVE my daily bowl or cereal or two, lol. I get a lot of things at whole foods. I buy vegan butter there, coconut milk creamer for coffee, tofutti cream cheese, which is amazing!
    Thanks for the product recommendations! I will have to try that Silk. I tried their coconut milk and it was terrible LOL. I really like Pacific Organic, Almond Breeze, and Trader Joes almond milk though. I need to get the So Delicious hazelnut flavor coconut milk coffee creamer because I know I like that. I'll have to try the tofutti cream cheese! Oh and Coconut Bliss ice cream is yummy but sooo expensive.
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    Thanks for the product recommendations! I will have to try that Silk. I tried their coconut milk and it was terrible LOL. I really like Pacific Organic, Almond Breeze, and Trader Joes almond milk though. I need to get the So Delicious hazelnut flavor coconut milk coffee creamer because I know I like that. I'll have to try the tofutti cream cheese! Oh and Coconut Bliss ice cream is yummy but sooo expensive.
    You can also go to an Asian food market or shop in the Asian food aisle at the commy and buy coconut milk from brands like Orchid and JFC.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    I also found that a lot of dark chocolate doesn't have milk in it, just gotta read the ingredients! Let me know what you try and like! I have yet to find a cheese that tastes good, they have all been pretty gross! And yes, the silk, dark chocolate almond milk is AMAZING! I go through almost a quart a day and it is pricey! But I figure I am saving money on formula, so I can spend it on myself, lol. And the tofutti cream cheese, I am probably spelling wrong, but it's something like that!

10. Senior Member
    Oh and the silk almondmilk I find at walmart believe it or not!