Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Homemade food makers!

  1. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    princessgwynn's Avatar
    princessgwynn is offline
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere I would rather not be :(
    Posts
    11,424
    #1

    Question Homemade food makers!

    Advertisements
    YDS is almost 9 months so it is about time that i am going to start just giving him what we are eating (as long as he has had everything of course) but I have a dilemma with it. I have a large, 7 cup, food processor that I use to make his food but that seems really excessive, totally inefficient & a lot to wash for just tossing in half a cup at meal time.

    So- for those who have done this- any suggestions? He has no teeth or any sign of them so we are still doing purees. TIA
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Ol' Grey Mare's Avatar
    Ol' Grey Mare is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    14,646
    #2
    Happy Baby makes a little hand operated/crank grinder - I used that when I didn't/couldn't just use a fork/spoon to mash stuff up
  3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    SandyKay's Avatar
    SandyKay is offline
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    32,613

    #3
    I make in bulk and freeze


  4. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    princessgwynn's Avatar
    princessgwynn is offline
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere I would rather not be :(
    Posts
    11,424
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyKay View Post
    I make in bulk and freeze
    This is what I have been doing for single ingredient stuff but I want to start including him in the full meals we are having if that makes sense. Plus I am running out of room in the freezer- I went on a small baby food making splurge the other day
  5. Account Closed
    Katarianna's Avatar
    Katarianna is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,243
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by princessgwynn View Post
    This is what I have been doing for single ingredient stuff but I want to start including him in the full meals we are having if that makes sense. Plus I am running out of room in the freezer- I went on a small baby food making splurge the other day
    Couldn't you just mix the stuff together? Like when you buy the baby food that is flavors mixed together. Seems he should get used to having more than one flavor at once, if that makes sense?
  6. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    princessgwynn's Avatar
    princessgwynn is offline
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere I would rather not be :(
    Posts
    11,424
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarianna View Post
    Couldn't you just mix the stuff together? Like when you buy the baby food that is flavors mixed together. Seems he should get used to having more than one flavor at once, if that makes sense?
    Oh yeah that is what we have been doing. I am just looking for a way, at least at dinner time, to feed him the same meal we are having. Tonight he had chicken & sweet potatoes, acorn squash with peas and bananas while we had steak, mashed potatoes and asparagus.
  7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    SandyKay's Avatar
    SandyKay is offline
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    32,613

    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by princessgwynn View Post
    Oh yeah that is what we have been doing. I am just looking for a way, at least at dinner time, to feed him the same meal we are having. Tonight he had chicken & sweet potatoes, acorn squash with peas and bananas while we had steak, mashed potatoes and asparagus.
    You need this then Tupperware | Chop 'N Prep™ Chef holds 1 1/4 cup, so you just put how much you want to mix up into it and pull the cord. The more you pull the finner chop you will get. It is also dishwasher safe, so easy clean up


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •