Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Like Pepsi and Coke

1. Love you with all my heart!
    Love you with all my heart!
    Blog Entries

Like Pepsi and Coke

Advertisements
    The pediatrician said Faith shouldnt have any problems switching from Enfamil Newborn to the Similac because they are really the same just she will have to get used to a slightly different taste.

Well since I switched she has been more fussy after feedings, spitting it up more and had diaharrea like diapers. They said WIC will only pay for formula other than Similac if they have acid reflux and the ped said she doesnt have that so now I dont know what to do
  2. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    could you buy the similac, then return it somewhere for store credit and buy the enfamil?

is that legal? i'm not sure. but i would think if you were doing it for the right reasons it wouldn't be such a bad thing poor babygirl.

3. Senior Member
    This might sound stupid but can you slowly change her over? Like give mostly enfamil with a little similac and keep increasing the similac each feeding.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    This might sound stupid but can you slowly change her over? Like give mostly enfamil with a little similac and keep increasing the similac each feeding.
    That's not stupid that's a really good suggestion
  5. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLouWho View Post
    That's not stupid that's a really good suggestion
    You could try this . All the pedi has to do is write that they need the other brand. It doesn't have to be for reflux.
  6. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    When you change formula you are supposed to ease into it. IE 1 scoop of enfamil and 1 scoop of similac.
    Also see if you can use similac sensitive. My nephew had stomach issues when changing from enfamil to similac but when we put him on sensitive the problems slowly went away.
    It is the orange can
    IMO formulas are not the same. I have seen babies have issues with each one.
    The one we use is Goodstart. It is made with Whey protein derived from milk instead of just milk like enfamil and similac. Which in my experiance is easier on baby.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  7. Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Luke 6:37 & Matthew 7:1-2
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IMakeLotsaBabies View Post
    You could try this . All the pedi has to do is write that they need the other brand. It doesn't have to be for reflux.
    Some states it does. I know here in MN they will NOT pay for another brand besides similac. My SIL went thru that whole thing when putting my nephew on it.
    That is why we had to try different similacs they give for him.
    Rissa*Rawr is my Wifey as of 1/24/2012
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would go back to the other formula and start real slow on the new kind. If that doesn't work, you will probably just have to pay for your brand out of pocket. It sucks, but that is how it works sometimes. Good luck.
  9. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I think the suggestion to gradually move to the new formula is a good one--and then give her some time to adjust. I'm not sure what is normal for formula baby poo (I think I've read peanut butter-like consistency?) but I wouldn't worry about that too much unless it's like watery?
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  10. Senior Member
    Similac is actually a better quality formula than Enfamil because it is only one of two brands that are palm-olein free so hopefully your baby will get used to it.

GetSafeScents.com
    Now with even easier requirements to be a Scentsy Consultant!
    Thrifty Scentsy Tips | Join Scentsy| Jan is BBMB Month! | Grace Adele- 10% off this month!
    Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00 (those are zeros, not O's ) | PM me with your email for invite to new COACH Factory website!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast