Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She keeps throwing up HELP!!

1. MDB

Question She keeps throwing up HELP!!

Advertisements
    So Juliana just turned a month old today and the last few days she has been throwing up after she eats, not just like right after but even like an hour or so after. It doesn't seem to bother her she doesn't cry or anything and still goes usually AT LEAST 2 hours before she wants to eat again. She has plenty of wet and poopy diaper but i am still worried.

does anyone know why she might be doing this or what i can do so it won't happen?! oh btw i am brestfeeding.

tia
  2. Moderator

Could be reflux- I'd get in to see the doc ASAP just to be safe.
  3. The cake is a lie...
    The cake is a lie...
    I don't have kids, but like Loving said it could be acid reflux or something. I'd suggest not lying her down immediately after she eats if you do. I have digestive issues and if I lie down immediately after eating or even a few hours later...it all comes back up. My gastro doctor told me to wait 3 hour minimum to lie down. Hopefully it's nothing serious with your baby.
    MS234755 and mxchick910 are my wifeys!
    I'm BiggyBiggs mistress!

Not in cruelty,
    Not in wrath,
    The Reaper came today;
    An Angel visited this gray path,
    And took the cube away.

4. MDB
    yeah i am gonna call them on monday, she is my first baby so i don't know if i am over reacting or if something is really going on. This happened right after i had her and her doctor said it was nothing to worry about and she was fine for a like 2 weeks now all of a sudden 2-3 days ago it started again.
  5. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    yeah i am gonna call them on monday, she is my first baby so i don't know if i am over reacting or if something is really going on. This happened right after i had her and her doctor said it was nothing to worry about and she was fine for a like 2 weeks now all of a sudden 2-3 days ago it started again.
    I don't think you're over-reacting. If she's having pretty normal diapers, that's a good thing. Is she breastfed or formula fed?
  6. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Kaia did that a lot at first. We ended up changing formula which helped, but it never bothered her, she didn't cry in pain, and she was still well hydrated so we just fed her if she got hungry again quickly and propped her up to try and prevent it. Her doctor said it's pretty normal because the digestive system is still so immature when they are so young. Some babies are just pukers. Kaia still spits up more than I like cuz she seems to have perfect timing and does it right after I put a cute outfit on her. If you are worried definitely ask you ped though. It never hurts to ask!

7. MDB
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    I don't think you're over-reacting. If she's having pretty normal diapers, that's a good thing. Is she breastfed or formula fed?
    i breastfeed. I tried to supplement right after i had her because she had jaundice and she just spit it back at me. yeah she has plenty of dirty diapers and still just eats every 2-4 hours...

could it be that she is eating more then she needs? i know that after a while once they get used to sucking they don't eat as long could it be that she hasn't realized she doesn't need as much as she did before? should i time her eating a little better and not let her eat as much at a time?
  8. MDB
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    Kaia did that a lot at first. We ended up changing formula which helped, but it never bothered her, she didn't cry in pain, and she was still well hydrated so we just fed her if she got hungry again quickly and propped her up to try and prevent it. Her doctor said it's pretty normal because the digestive system is still so immature when they are so young. Some babies are just pukers. Kaia still spits up more than I like cuz she seems to have perfect timing and does it right after I put a cute outfit on her. If you are worried definitely ask you ped though. It never hurts to ask!

if i asked her ped everytime i was worried id be on the phone with them all day haha.
  9. Moderator

i breastfeed. I tried to supplement right after i had her because she had jaundice and she just spit it back at me. yeah she has plenty of dirty diapers and still just eats every 2-4 hours...

could it be that she is eating more then she needs? i know that after a while once they get used to sucking they don't eat as long could it be that she hasn't realized she doesn't need as much as she did before? should i time her eating a little better and not let her eat as much at a time?
    I would personally just let her eat as much as she wants to- especially if it doesn't seem to bother her when she's spitting up. Babies don't have the muscle control that we do in their esophagus' to keep food down, so like Sindorella said, some of them just spit up more than others. My son spit up ALL. THE. TIME. I'm amazed he was such a chub. My daughter almost never spits up. It's so weird, but it didn't hurt him at all. If your baby's bowel movements or wet diapers slow down, that's the first indication of a problem, but as it is she may just be a messy one. Get ready to wash a lot of onesies!
  10. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

[/B]

if i asked her ped everytime i was worried id be on the phone with them all day haha.
    I bet they are totally used to that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast