Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I might need herbal supplements.

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Bang Head I think I might need herbal supplements.

Advertisements
    I have the medical grade pump now, but I am not getting much more than I was with my travel pump. I have pumped 5 times now and I got 6 ounces from that. I don't work, so I can't pump all day every day because I have to take care of the baby and feed him also. I need to get more out in one go. I think I am going to try some More Milk Plus. I know not everyone can pump a lot, but I just really need to try everything I can. And apparently vent a lot. Sorry guys.
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    You might not respond to pumping. And by worrying about it more your hindering yourself. I was worried and stressed once while pumping and NOTHING came out. Tried again an hour later and got 2 oz. For me 2-3 oz per pump session was normal for me. (total fom both sides)
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have a hard time pumping too.
    I only get 2 oz at a time from pumping
  4. Senior Member
    I am clearly no expert since my girls are only 2 wks old but the lactation consultant told me to pump every 3 hrs and drink lots of water. I'm sure you already know this but it's worked for me so far. I see a major difference if I skip a pumping or don't drink a lot of water.

Where do you buy the supplements?
  5. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    I would check with your Dr first to see if its safe to take herbal supplements since you're BF. I know they're herbs, but you never know
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyMR View Post
    I am clearly no expert since my girls are only 2 wks old but the lactation consultant told me to pump every 3 hrs and drink lots of water. I'm sure you already know this but it's worked for me so far. I see a major difference if I skip a pumping or don't drink a lot of water.

More milk plus is an herbal combo made just for making more milk (hence the name) or there are things like Fenugreek. I have fenugreek but the capsules are huge so I have to break them open and put it in something else, like a smoothie. I can't drink three smoothies a day
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyMR View Post

Wait, what?! You had the twins?? When did this happen? Must have been while I was on vacation in Seattle and had no internets!
  8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Oatmeal helped me increase my supply when I was still BFing too. I ate a few bowls and woke up feeling VERY full the next day. I ate the whole oat slow cook stuff though, not instant.

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    Oatmeal helped me increase my supply when I was still BFing too. I ate a few bowls and woke up feeling VERY full the next day. I ate the whole oat slow cook stuff though, not instant.
    That is something I never would have thought of!
  10. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    First of all vent away- you certainly aren't the first nor will you be the last

Secondly- have you attempted to pump on one side while nursing on the other? I found that was a great way to get myself going. Normally I can only get 4oz (both sides) max. unless he has skipped a feeding.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast