Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's a good prefold?

1. Senior Member

What's a good prefold?

Advertisements
    I'm buying some diaper covers and want a good prefold. Has anybody tried the chinese or indian from cottonbabies?
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

I have some of the indian and I like them but... I haven't used them as a diaper. Based on my experience with cloth diapers I think they would work well though! They are pretty absorbent as an all purpose cloth. MUCH better than the old school gerber ones which I have tons of. I also have some of the green mountain ones, and they get SUPER fluffy when you prep them.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have a dozen econobums and two dozen babykicks hemp diapers. I had some cheap newborn indian diapers and now they are kitchen rags. They are not the ones from cottonbabies though. I prefer the hemp for sure. Never any leaks, ever. They are just so absorbant. They are very pricey though. I recommend them for nighttime at least. DS has a hemp diaper put on when he goes to bed at 9:30, and then gets changed about 8:30 am when he wakes up. The diaper is VERY wet, but not leaking.
  4. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Which hemp ones do you have Katarianna?? I have been thinking about doing prefolds and a cover at night!

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    Which hemp ones do you have Katarianna?? I have been thinking about doing prefolds and a cover at night!
    I use the Babykicks infant sized prefold. They have a green edge I believe. A prefold at night with a wool cover works out wonderful. I have wool pants for DS, they are just a bit too big. I am going to try this weekend and see if they will work out now.
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks, ladies. I just ordered the ones from cotton babies. They weren't that expensive so if they don't work out, it's fine.
  7. Senior Member
    I have a ton of Little Lions that were really nice when we used them. I loved the Capri length. I have a ton I'm trying to get rid of, you just pay shipping.
  8. Senior Member
    I got a dozen of the unbleached OsoCozy Indian cotton prefolds in the premium fit. I prepped them as recommended, and was surprised at how heavy duty they are. They are super thick, but not super "fluffy" even though they are quilted. I think I am used to the bleached cotton ones. I just ordered another dozen from Green Mountain in bleached cotton to compare.
  9. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Katarianna View Post
    I use the Babykicks infant sized prefold. They have a green edge I believe. A prefold at night with a wool cover works out wonderful. I have wool pants for DS, they are just a bit too big. I am going to try this weekend and see if they will work out now.
    How do you fold them? Sorry for the questions, I've just never done prefolds before. I have the gear, I just don't know how to use any of it.

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    How do you fold them? Sorry for the questions, I've just never done prefolds before. I have the gear, I just don't know how to use any of it.
    I've never done them either. I hear that some people just trifold them. So, it looks like an insert, than just lay it in the cover. Others snappi it around the baby. I'm going to try both. I will need to look up a video though telling me how the heck a snappi and folding works.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast