Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sick baby :(

1. Senior Member

Sick baby :(

Advertisements
    So Friday night Addison wasn't eating very well and went to sleep at 7 p.m. when she normally goes to sleep between 8:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. I didn't think it was that big of a deal and her temperature was only 99.5 which is high for what it usually runs.

On Saturday morning we ran to the Commissary to grab some groceries and DH snacks for his overnight duty all week and her temperature was between 98.0 and 100.0 which still isn't techincally a fever for her being almost 4 months old.

Fast forward to 6:30 Saturday night. Her and DH were taking a nap and as soon as she woke up I took her temperature just to see if it had changed at all. At that point in time it was 101.7 so I gave her 0.4 ml of the generic tylonel. At 7 I checked her again just to see if it was going down at all and it was 102.2. We hurried and grabbed everything and rushed to the ER with her. When we were in triage she was 101.7 again and that was at about 7:30.
    So basically my poor baby went through a chest xray (it is the most horrible looking contraption and I had to hold her hands through her screaming in it ) and that showed no pnemonia or anything. So they gave her more tylonel (come to find out her peditrican didn't tell me it's based on weight and didn't give me the scale for how much to give her so she needs 1.20 ml - made me feel so horrible for her fever going that high when it shouldn't have!) and told us she doesn't have asthma since you can't diagnose babies with asthma but it was basically RSV and she was wheezing slightly. They sent us home with an inhaler to give to her if the wheezing kept up.

She felt so horrible Saturday night into yesterday morning but then by mid-afternoon she was back to her normal self! She hasn't had a fever since Saturday night-Sunday morning and her appetite seems to be coming back.

I called her pedi no base today and they said and I quote "you do not need to follow up even if the ER said to follow up unless she develops fever again". Thank goodness we already have her 4 month check up on Friday.
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Awww, poor baby. I'm glad she feels better. Kaia getting sick enough to go to the hospital is one of my biggest fears!
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    Awww, poor baby. I'm glad she feels better. Kaia getting sick enough to go to the hospital is one of my biggest fears!
    It was one of mine too! I definitely think if we would've known the correct amount of tylonel to give her she wouldn't have had to go either.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Poor baby girl!

5. blah blah BLAH
    blah blah BLAH
    That's no bueno. I'm sorry you guys went through that... scary, I can imagine... but at least they didn't see anything serious. Be sure to update us after her check-up
    *miles mean NOTHING when you are in love, and love means EVERYTHING when you are miles apart*

6. Senior Member
    I definitely will post an update!

Also if you are on my Facebook please don't mention it seeing as we don't want any of our families to know because they will freak out and drive us insane.
  7. Senior Member
    Just giving y'all an update!

Her check up went fantastic! She still has a little wheezing, but it was nothing to be concerned about the pedi said. We also found out what we thought was a little diaper rash is a yeast infection so I have to apply a cream to her bumps 4 times a day until it clears up.

She also apparently tilts her head to the left more easily than the right so we're suppose to work with her and tilting it more to the right.

Other than that all they said was she weighs 15 lbs 4 oz and is 25.25 inches! . She can also start cereal and if we can start introducing baby food when we think she's ready for it (if it's before her 6 month appointment).

She got 3 more shots and the oral rotavirus vaccine yesterday and is acting like a champ today!