Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: she doesnt like being alone

1. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

she doesnt like being alone

Advertisements
    Ansley is a bit of a different baby from what Bella and Jackson were. Ansley will cry if I leave her in a room by herself. I want to try and get her used to being alone and sleeping bc at some point I'd like her to sleep in her crib. She will lay in there for about 5-10mins but only if I keep going in and out, but she fusses when i'm not in there. She also gets fussy at night after i've laid her down to go to sleep if i get up to go get a drink or potty, even though dh is in there asleep. I know she is still little etc, it's just a different world for me a little bit with an attached baby. My other kids didn't mind being alone. Jackson went straight to his crib at 2wks old, bella slept in our room in the PnP and on/off in our bed... ansley won't even sleep any place else at night other than in the middle of our bed OR RIGHT beside me. She is fine sleeping in a bouncey chair or in the boppy on the couch.. she seems to be a picky baby in those aspects so far...

She is just quite different than her siblings
  2. Senior Member
    All babies are different, ds slept in his crib his first night home but now as a 4 year old he has some nights where he'll crawl into bed with me, but even now he still follows me all over the house. Im not sure what advice to give, maybe a recorder or something with your voice going shhhh or something, i had one of those bears that makes womb noises and had it in his crib idk if it helped or not but
  3. Moderator

Holy cow, I could have written this. I totally feel you! Damien was such a laid-back baby, never minded being alone, in fact as he got older he WANTED to be left alone. Lyric, on the other hand, needs to be able to see (or reach, preferably) one of us every waking moment. It's amazing how different their personalities are from the very beginning, isn't it?
  4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Loving View Post
    Holy cow, I could have written this. I totally feel you! Damien was such a laid-back baby, never minded being alone, in fact as he got older he WANTED to be left alone. Lyric, on the other hand, needs to be able to see (or reach, preferably) one of us every waking moment. It's amazing how different their personalities are from the very beginning, isn't it?
    It def is! My neighbor insists that it's bc she is breastfed, but Bella was breastfed for a month and wasn't like this that I can recall. Do you think this means that she could possibly be our "needy" child?
  5. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    It def is! My neighbor insists that it's bc she is breastfed, but Bella was breastfed for a month and wasn't like this that I can recall. Do you think this means that she could possibly be our "needy" child?
    Could be... Damien did a complete 180 though, he is now a total attention-hog. Compared to how he was as a baby and before he was 2 it's like total culture-shock for us now. Kids are weird!
  6. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I LOVE her name.... I actually just had our second baby girl about four months ago, and her middle name is Ansley (Madelyn Ansley). While both my girls were great sleepers, I noticed that when they're eating schedules go off, everything was off. I wasn't super strict about it, but I found that they naturally fell into a three hour eating pattern (they're also breast fed). When that pattern (eat, play, sleep, eat, play sleep) got off they didn't sleep well. Also, my first born liked to have some soft sleepy music playing. I think it's because I listen to so much music that she got used to hearing it in the womb, then being put in a totally still room was a little scary. If Ansley is still really young she may like being wrapped up tightly, it will help her feel safe and secure. Just some ideas. If all else fails, just enjoy holding her. She's going to grow up too fast anyways!!
  7. Senior Member
    Michaela is the same way. She has not slept in her PnP, nor her crib, even once. It's always right beside one of us.
  8. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Kaia was and still is the same way. She had to have someone there. I dont know how to handle it either because she still follows me crying all the time if she is not being held.
  9. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    All of my kids were "needy" babies to some degree--not so much about me leaving the room, but not wanting to be put down at all and needing constant entertainment (can't just hold them and sit... gotta be walking or constantly changing their position LOL), but I can't decide if Ella is MORE "needy" than the first two or if my memory is just fuzzy.

It's exhausting, but I know this stage lasts such a short time!!! I can't believe our girls are a month old already!!

I swear I could have like 12 kids if they slept through the night though.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  10. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    I think it's probably just because she has a different personality... amazing how babies' temperaments can be SO different! Emmalee and Evan were so different from each other as newborns. I can't decide where Ella falls on the spectrum between them, but I do think she's more like Emmalee in her "neediness" at this stage, but it's hard to recall.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast