Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: :( **Update with a question**

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

:( **Update with a question**

Advertisements
    I think there is a teething baby living in my house... Anyone want to babysit?

** DS won't hold stuff in his hands. He gnaws on my fingers a lot, but I can't just sit around and do that all day. We got him a gel teether, but he doesn't seem into it. I am not sure what to do if he won't hold anything.
  2. Senior Member
    Oh, dear. Not looking forward to that.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    It isn't that bad, but it is a little frustrating knowing that there isn't much you can do.
  4. Senior Member
  5. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    Have you tried giving him some cold, soft veggies in one of those banana holders? (I can't think of what they are actually called.) We did that a few times with Emma when she didn't want a teething ring. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

6. Mombie.
    Mombie.
    This is what I'm talking about. It's how we introduced soft foods to Emma. It worked really well as a teether, too. Just don't put ice in it, it chips and can cut their gums.

Amazon.com: Mesh Teething Baby Safe Feeder Feeding Food New: Baby

7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Poor Asher!!

We used to give my neices cold applesauce or a bottle with cold water in it and that always seemed to help a little.

8. blah blah BLAH
    blah blah BLAH
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarianna View Post
    I think there is a teething baby living in my house... Anyone want to babysit?

** DS won't hold stuff in his hands. He gnaws on my fingers a lot, but I can't just sit around and do that all day. We got him a gel teether, but he doesn't seem into it. I am not sure what to do if he won't hold anything.
    How old is DS now? He has to be better small still right, since you said he doesn't hold things? I thought DD was teething super early.. she started gnawing on her fingers and hands around 3 1/2 months, but the pediatrician said that she wasn't. He felt around her mouth and said she didn't have any teeth buds or any bumps and she didn't squirm when he was doing it. He said some babies just like to nom nom their hands and fingers...

Have you felt any buds in his mouth? If he really is teething but cannot hold a teething ring, try some baby orajel
    *miles mean NOTHING when you are in love, and love means EVERYTHING when you are miles apart*

9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsUSMC View Post
    How old is DS now? He has to be better small still right, since you said he doesn't hold things? I thought DD was teething super early.. she started gnawing on her fingers and hands around 3 1/2 months, but the pediatrician said that she wasn't. He felt around her mouth and said she didn't have any teeth buds or any bumps and she didn't squirm when he was doing it. He said some babies just like to nom nom their hands and fingers...

Have you felt any buds in his mouth? If he really is teething but cannot hold a teething ring, try some baby orajel
    He isn't even three months yet. He is showing all the signs of teething, but it is just so hard to tell. He was born with one little tooth nub, but I have not noticed a change in it so far. I got some orajel and have given it to him like twice so far. He just looks confused afterwards. It is pretty cute
  10. blah blah BLAH
    blah blah BLAH
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarianna View Post
    He isn't even three months yet. He is showing all the signs of teething, but it is just so hard to tell. He was born with one little tooth nub, but I have not noticed a change in it so far. I got some orajel and have given it to him like twice so far. He just looks confused afterwards. It is pretty cute
    yeah, they look sooo funny when you use the orajel.. like "hey, what the heck is going on!?!?"

Hope it helps though
    *miles mean NOTHING when you are in love, and love means EVERYTHING when you are miles apart*