Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sick baby?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Sick baby?

Advertisements
    I think I might have a sick baby
    She has been extra super fussy today, and also had tons of nose boogies. I took her temp (with the temporal thermomater) and it was 99 (the average of three was 99.1) But she FEELS super warm. Normally, if she kicks off her blankets her hands and feet feel cold, but today they are warmer than normal.

I am not real sure as what to do. I feel bad for my poor baby, I just know she is not feeling too good.
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Try a rectal temp too.

For temps do a temped bath, simple oneses, cold both between legs under arms, and cool milk if shell drink it cooler.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Oh and silene (sp) drops in the nose.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. blah blah BLAH
    blah blah BLAH
    A temp of 99 doesn't seem like anything to worry about... but if you're convinced she feels super warm try a rectal and keep an eye on it. Remember, behbehs generally have a higher normal body temp than we do.

Try a soothing bath, and perhaps some Tylenol infant drops (if you're not against using meds of course). Even if she doesn't have a true fever, the drops will just help her to stop feeling icky and fussy and help her sleep.

Hope she feels better
    *miles mean NOTHING when you are in love, and love means EVERYTHING when you are miles apart*

5. Super-mom extrodinaire
    Super-mom extrodinaire
    Just because there is no temp doesn't mean she feels fine. We all have felt crappy with out running a temp before. Try a mild bath, watered bottle, tylenol, humidifier, etc.

Also, how old is she? Might it be teething? Mine (10 mo) has been fussy ear pulling, snotty nosed, with low grade fever 98.8-99.4 for days/weeks off and on. Last week Dr. says we are not sick just working on more teeth.

Good luck, hope she feels better soon.
    I look at the moon every night, because I know in 12 short hours she will be looking at you. - DH Iraq 2009
    Rachooow is my awesome wifey So you can't have her