Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I guess I never updated.....

1. You're amazing.... <3
    You're amazing.... <3

I guess I never updated.....

Advertisements
    on Lily's birth. Whoops. Well, I feel like sharing her birth story, even though she is now 7 weeks old!

I was 39 weeks, and it was a week before DF's boot camp graduation. I was induced so I could hopefully make it to his graduation with Lily so he got a chance to meet her before being shipped to SC.

I got to the hospital at 4 pm. They wanted to try a vaginal suppository first, because I was planning on having a natural birth without the epidural, and did NOT want pitocin. Well they inserted 1/4 of the actual pill (and the entire pill as SMALL, like birth control pill size). They said I would need many doses of that quarter of a pill. So they told me to go walk around.

My best friend and mother were there with me, and once I got the okay, we walked the halls of the labor and delivery floor for maybe 15-20 minutes, and then my contractions started full force. I went back to the room because I couldn't walk with them anymore, and when they checked me, I had gone from 2 1/2 cm dilated to 5-6 cm! They were shocked, and hooked me up to the monitor to measure the contractions. They were coming 2-3 minutes apart.

By 7 pm, the contractions were still 2-3 minutes apart, and they wanted to use pitocin. I said no, but they said they would only use a couple drops instead of the higher dosages they normally use. I agreed.

As the pitocin kicked in, I did my meditation and hip circles that I learned in childbirth class. It helped a lot. But by 9 pm, I was SO exhausted (from not getting sleep a couple nights before from the huge belly). I could have easily handled the contractions for the remainder of labor, but I didn't think I would have enough energy to push, so I agreed to have the epidural.

I got it, and slept a bit through the night. I was 7 cm by 10 pm. Around 11-12 pm, my water broke, and I was still 7 cm. I was 7 cm until around 6, when I was 9 cm.

At 6:30 they told me to start pushing. I could feel everything (how lovely! thank you epidural, you worked so well!).

And Liliana was born at 7:10 am on April 15th! She was 9 lb 7 oz, and I can proudly say that I had 2 stitches and had a VERY minor tear. (My doctor and all of the staff were AMAZED as they all were convinced I would need a csection. ). She came with only 40 minutes of pushing!

After I had her my BP risen dramatically (it had been high since I got there, but I was SO nervous). It had risen so high taht I could have had a stroke, but thankfully I didn't. I had the worst headache I had ever had in my life though.

I called the red cross the day she was born, and they delivered the message to DF, and DF got to call me! He was SO excited! It was so cute

Anyway, we were discharged on the 17th (my birthday!).
    And as most of you have seen, we did indeed make it to his graduation. I do have to share this one moment! I was walking with Lily, trying to find a seat before the graduation started, and I walked past a sailor that was standing by a stair case. As I did, he called out my name, along with a few others standing right there, and when I turned around, they all came up to Lily and said "OH MY GOSH! ITS THE BABY! Your fiance is going to cry! We know it! We all cried when he got the call that she was born! Even the guys!"
    I was so shocked they recognized me! (They all told me that DF had showed off every picture of me and my belly to EVERYONE, and that he talked about me all the time! ).
    That warmed my heart to no end.

When they called liberty, DF found us in the crowd, scooped Lily up, and we both cried

The best moment of my life.
  2. Senior Member
  3. Senior Member
    great story...i especially liked the ending!

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" ~ Psalm 27:1
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaStrong View Post
    at first I was like , then I was like when I saw how messed up the page it looked so then I was like *click*, *enter*, *click*, *enter*,
  4. AMD
    Awww. That is so sweet
  5. Senior Member
    Awe. Great story.
  6. Senior Member
    that is soooo sweet

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

awe it is so sweet that he showed off pictures and they actually knew who you were.
    That is most likely the cutest birth story ever
  8. blah blah BLAH
    blah blah BLAH

Congrats on the baby and on DF's graduation! Best wishes to you and your family!
    *miles mean NOTHING when you are in love, and love means EVERYTHING when you are miles apart*

9. Senior Member
    Aww, such a sweet story! Glad everything went smoothly and your DH was able to see his baby before going to SC. Is he attending the nuke school here?
  10. You're amazing.... <3
    You're amazing.... <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post
    Aww, such a sweet story! Glad everything went smoothly and your DH was able to see his baby before going to SC. Is he attending the nuke school here?
    Yup! Lily and I are moving to the base to live with him soon, so he won't go to prototype in NY, he'll stay in SC.
    Brandikayy and dream share custody of me!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast