Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oh joy (TMI, PP issue)

1. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Sad oh joy (TMI, PP issue)

Advertisements
    [my hemorrhoid is back. It always shows up about this time PP and I was hoping it wouldn't but after having some pooing issues, i guess i shouldn't be surprised. Anyone else dealing with one of these? Any advice? I guess it could be alot worse then what it is (just a lil pain and a little of bleeding that doesnt last long at all, thankfully. ) but it still sucks. I hate this! I havent had to deal with it since my 2nd tri maybe? Maybe my first tri, i cant remember. Ugh.

ETA- Should i take a stool softener? I have some colace here that i bought while pregnant. If so, how long should I take it for? Oh and it's internal hemmi so i dunno if any of the prep h and wipes etc work for those? I drink plenty of water already and started on some metamucil fiber pills a week after i had her but i dunno if they are really working or not.]
  2. Senior Member
    oh I hate hemorrhoids! I googled it and it said that stool softeners aggravate it. Take a look at this it might help a little
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    maybe take one a day? and couldn't help to try to prep h
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

so maybe some colace for a few days with increasing my fiber intake (probably get some fiber bars tomorrow and start back on those.. hmm) ... just sucks.. i was hoping to skip it this time around.
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The doctor prescribed me some colace when I left the hospital and said I could take it twice a day for as long as was needed.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Mine are still hangin around too
    I have been taking my colace, and it seems to help
  7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I'll see what the box says. I've never taken it before!
  8. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Talk to your doctor most over the counter stuff can make them worse and can irritate it causing you worse pain then you're already in(I"ve been there done that and boy did I learn the hard way). I had one really bad one where I saw lots of blood every time I went poo.

Also, up your fiber intake! Fiber fiber and more fiber will help out a lot. Try mixing in like fiber one about twice a day into your drinks, and heck I even mix it into things like spaghetti. Not enough fiber is one of the number 1 reasons people get hemorrhoids according to my Proctologist told me when I had my colonoscopy. The average adult women age 51 and younger is supposed to have about 25 grams of fiber a day and I can honestly say upping my fiber intake has worked wonders.

May I ask do you get dizzy and feel awful when you need to poo? Have you talked to you doctors bout it because it took me two years of asking to be told my issue was a hemorrhoids missed with IBS. The ONLY thing that has helped is I now take in at least 30grams of fiber a day and I stay away from foods harder then most to digest.
    Signature removed due to size.
  9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMikeyBear View Post
    Talk to your doctor most over the counter stuff can make them worse and can irritate it causing you worse pain then you're already in(I"ve been there done that and boy did I learn the hard way). I had one really bad one where I saw lots of blood every time I went poo.

Also, up your fiber intake! Fiber fiber and more fiber will help out a lot. Try mixing in like fiber one about twice a day into your drinks, and heck I even mix it into things like spaghetti. Not enough fiber is one of the number 1 reasons people get hemorrhoids according to my Proctologist told me when I had my colonoscopy. The average adult women age 51 and younger is supposed to have about 25 grams of fiber a day and I can honestly say upping my fiber intake has worked wonders.

May I ask do you get dizzy and feel awful when you need to poo? Have you talked to you doctors bout it because it took me two years of asking to be told my issue was a hemorrhoids missed with IBS. The ONLY thing that has helped is I now take in at least 30grams of fiber a day and I stay away from foods harder then most to digest.
    I've been taking metamucil pills 2x a day for fiber increase.. and the granola bars, i eat like 7 or 8 of those a day, they have 1g of fiber

Also, no i don't get dizzy or anything like that.
  10. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    I've been taking metamucil pills 2x a day for fiber increase.. and the granola bars, i eat like 7 or 8 of those a day, they have 1g of fiber

Also, no i don't get dizzy or anything like that.
    Well hmm that's weird and I'm no doctor I guess you cold be prone to getting them(it sucks but I know I am prone to them.......joyness) I just know when I tried stool softeners for me it made my pain and bleeding worse. My doctor also said something about acid reducers like zantac 75, because he said something about it'd help the amounts of acid being passed threw and it'd heal faster. I only took it till the bleeding stopped it seemed to help but not sure if it was that or the other gel stuff he gave me to rub back there.

That's good though!
    Signature removed due to size.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast