Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Breastfeeding Question

  1. Regular Member
    LoveMySoldier!'s Avatar
    LoveMySoldier! is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Richardson, Alaska (JBER)
    Posts
    230
    #1

    Breastfeeding Question

    Advertisements
    Ok I am going to add my own breastfeeding question to those out there, sorry if there is one like it somewhere I couldnt find one...

    I have huge lumps in my left breast and they hurt like crazy, they are painful and it hurts to move my arm at all even to lift up the baby to take care of him. I tried to google what it could be and all I found was clogged milk duct My question is does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of them, I have had a heating pad on them and a hot compress all day and its not helping I tried pumping while massaging the spot and that is also not helping..

    Its been like this since I went to bed around 10 last night, DS slept from 10pm to 5am this morning which all in all was awesome for me to sleep but the pain is horrible and I want it gone.. Please offer any advice you may have ladies..
    Proud Wife of my Soldier and Proud Mommy of Landon Cole!!
  2. Mombie.
    Jensscrnnm's Avatar
    Jensscrnnm is offline
    Mombie.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    10,011
    #2
    Right after I had DD my right side became so engorged, it was horrible. I had to take a hot shower and DH massaged the crap out of them. It hurt pretty bad when he did it, but combined with the continuous pumping, it cleared it up.



  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    jordana's Avatar
    jordana is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    hawaii
    Posts
    3,016
    #3
    Could be mastisis. Which in infection in the milk ducts.
    keep doing hot compress take hot showers. Try pumping milk out.
    if it doesn't get better soon go to doctor they'll give you an antibiotic
  4. Regular Member
    LoveMySoldier!'s Avatar
    LoveMySoldier! is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Richardson, Alaska (JBER)
    Posts
    230
    #4
    Thanks Ladies, will keep trying these ideas... My breast would decide to fail me right before I have to be up at 4 tomorrow morning to leave on vacation for a week haha, perfect timing right Hopefully if I combine all these things it will magically go away.. wonder if I could talk DH into massaging it, lol he has pretty much stayed away from them since I had DS
    Proud Wife of my Soldier and Proud Mommy of Landon Cole!!
  5. blah blah BLAH
    MrsUSMC's Avatar
    MrsUSMC is offline
    blah blah BLAH
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ME; Los Angeles, HIM: Yuma, AZ
    Posts
    802
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMySoldier! View Post
    Ok I am going to add my own breastfeeding question to those out there, sorry if there is one like it somewhere I couldnt find one...

    I have huge lumps in my left breast and they hurt like crazy, they are painful and it hurts to move my arm at all even to lift up the baby to take care of him. I tried to google what it could be and all I found was clogged milk duct My question is does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of them, I have had a heating pad on them and a hot compress all day and its not helping I tried pumping while massaging the spot and that is also not helping..

    Its been like this since I went to bed around 10 last night, DS slept from 10pm to 5am this morning which all in all was awesome for me to sleep but the pain is horrible and I want it gone.. Please offer any advice you may have ladies..


    Had you been feeding DS in the middle of the night before last night? A missed feeding (or a couple) could result in severly engorged ducts... which are PAINFUL. Is your right breast swollen as well? It doesn't seem like mastitis... that would be a more "pins and needles" pain. It would also be hot to the touch, and red.. and you would have a fever.

    It sounds like you just need to empty the breast. It may hurt, but you have to feed him off that breast, pump it, do whatever... just empty it and you should feel better.
    *miles mean NOTHING when you are in love, and love means EVERYTHING when you are miles apart*



  6. Regular Member
    LoveMySoldier!'s Avatar
    LoveMySoldier! is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Richardson, Alaska (JBER)
    Posts
    230
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsUSMC View Post
    [/B]

    Had you been feeding DS in the middle of the night before last night? A missed feeding (or a couple) could result in severly engorged ducts... which are PAINFUL. Is your right breast swollen as well? It doesn't seem like mastitis... that would be a more "pins and needles" pain. It would also be hot to the touch, and red.. and you would have a fever.

    It sounds like you just need to empty the breast. It may hurt, but you have to feed him off that breast, pump it, do whatever... just empty it and you should feel better.
    Yeah DS is used to eating in the middle of the night at least once or twice usually.. Its just my left side, my right side is always slow in making milk for some reason so it never really fills up to begin with.. I been trying to feed him off the left breast all day, pretty much the only one hes been eating off of and 1 of the lumps has gone down but the other one is still there.. I am hoping that if I pump a few times more and feed him more on that side tonight it will go away.. I just hadnt had this happen to this extreme yet and DS is 12 weeks old so it kinda freaked me out lol...
    Proud Wife of my Soldier and Proud Mommy of Landon Cole!!
  7. blah blah BLAH
    MrsUSMC's Avatar
    MrsUSMC is offline
    blah blah BLAH
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ME; Los Angeles, HIM: Yuma, AZ
    Posts
    802
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMySoldier! View Post
    Yeah DS is used to eating in the middle of the night at least once or twice usually.. Its just my left side, my right side is always slow in making milk for some reason so it never really fills up to begin with.. I been trying to feed him off the left breast all day, pretty much the only one hes been eating off of and 1 of the lumps has gone down but the other one is still there.. I am hoping that if I pump a few times more and feed him more on that side tonight it will go away.. I just hadnt had this happen to this extreme yet and DS is 12 weeks old so it kinda freaked me out lol...
    Don't freak out It doesn't seem like anything serious... just be aware of whether or not they get red, or hot, feel like pins and needles and if you get a fever! Those are signs of an infection.

    Just keep pumping.. even if he doesn't want to eat a lot.. pump until you have nothing left. And keep massaging and using the heat, because that helps too. Good luck, feel better!
    *miles mean NOTHING when you are in love, and love means EVERYTHING when you are miles apart*



  8. Regular Member
    LoveMySoldier!'s Avatar
    LoveMySoldier! is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fort Richardson, Alaska (JBER)
    Posts
    230
    #8
    Thank You so much
    Proud Wife of my Soldier and Proud Mommy of Landon Cole!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •