Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PPD

1. Senior Member

Neutral PPD

Advertisements
    So I went to the doctors today for PPD because I'm just not feeling right lately so they ended up prescribing me 50mg a day of zolof... I'm just curious has anyone else been on it and how did it make you feel? Were you on it long?
  2. Moderator

I haven't, but I wanted to give you and say good for you for seeing your doctor about it! I hope you start feeling better.
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I have taken Zoloft. I had no issues with it (i took it for a fw months when bella was 6mons old) until I tried to take it while pregnant, and that's when i experienced nasty side effects. I was recently also diagnosed with PPD again and that's what I have to take. I'm a little scared to retry it but i have to get on to something.

My inbox is always open if you need someone to talk to
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Zoloft didn't work well for me (but I also was trying to switch to it in early pregnancy, which might have been a factor). However, I think I'm kind of an oddball, because Paxil works very well for me with few side effects and a lot of people HATE Paxil. I know many people who have had success on Zoloft. I hope that it helps you and that you start feeling better soon. Depression, especially PPD, can be so awful. I'm so happy that you went to your doctor to talk about it. If you need to talk, I'm available.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

the thing with that kind of medication is it works differently for everyone.
    What works for some, wont work for others. Know what I mean?

Anyways, I am glad you went in to the doctor.
    I hope you start to feel better
  6. wishin
    wishin
    i did with both kids.. i felt better, didnt notice though, and my friends were always yelling at me because i was happy, optimistic, and not such a loner. which i also didnt notice.. (but who knows if it was that great pill or not)
    Sometimes the smallest things take up the biggest space in your heart.
  7. Senior Member
    Thanks for all the comments ladies. I am glad I went too. I hope things look up here soon! I am not overly depressed but I am usually pretty upbeat and feel good about most things and can laugh at almost anything and since having my son I just havent felt right and its just been weird. Hope this works! And I will keep you ladies who mentioned it in mind if I ever need to talk. THANKS!!!!!