Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Yet another BF question.

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Yet another BF question.

Advertisements
    When your child starts sleeping through the night, does your body eventually stop making milk in the night?
  2. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    When night feedings are skipped or taken out it signals the hypothalamus and pituitary gland to decrease milk production, but only for the feedings skipped. After you've done this over a period of time (say a couple weeks) the body will adapt to this feeding schedule and your breasts won't be full. You'll still have milk, just not a full supply during that time.
    Pax, Aeon
  3. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    When night feedings are skipped or taken out it signals the hypothalamus and pituitary gland to decrease milk production, but only for the feedings skipped. After you've done this over a period of time (say a couple weeks) the body will adapt to this feeding schedule and your breasts won't be full. You'll still have milk, just not a full supply during that time.
    What she said.

I woke my daughter to eat at night to try to keep my period away. Unfortunately it didn't work very long and it came back even with me feeding her every 2 - 3 hours all night .
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    For most people with time the let-downs adjust to your baby's feeding schedule, so it is highly likely. Breastmilk is pretty much supply and demand.

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"