Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunblock

1. Senior Member

Sunblock

Advertisements
    What kind do you use?

We will be taking a trip next week to Michigan and might be going boating plus it should be warm enough for her to wear dresses, but I don't want her getting sunburnt.

I did have a friend recommend Aveeno Baby, not sure if anyone else has used it or not..

As a little bit of information, I have VERY fair skin. I'm talking when I was younger if I didn't wear 50+ sunblock and reapply constantly I would get a bad sunburn. Addison seems to have my complextion.. I know in sunblock for babies you need both UVA and UVB ray protection but other than that I'm clueless.

Also, do you apply it everywhere that's exposed or are there only certain spots?

Thanks in advance!
  2. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    We dont use it at all, but my kids dont need it.
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Since she's still so young get big hats for her and those rash guard built in sunblock bathing suits for her and over use the sun screen on the exposed areas.
    We use aveeno baby too. Don't use too much sunscreen at her age. Believe it will help her overheat cause she doesn't sweat yet.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

From what I have heard, Arbonne is the only brand that babies can use from birth

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Our pediatrician told us that sun screen was recently approved for babies 4 weeks and older. I forget who she said released the study... but I would definitely call your pediatrician and ask what his/her stance is if you're not sure. Personally, I'd rather slather my kid in a non-chemical sunscreen than risk a nasty sunburn, KWIM?

There are mineral sunscreens and "organic" sunscreens out there if you're concerned about chemical exposure. I've heard that California Baby makes a good one, but haven't tried it.

I'd definitely make sure to keep her head covered. For water activities, you can also order UV-protective bathing suits. I bought one for my little guy, it's basically like a jumpsuit made out of swimsuit fabric. The Arizona sun is pretty intense, so I definitely won't be taking him out swimming until the late afternoon (doctor told us that swimming is perfectly safe/healthy after 4 weeks, too)... and even still, I'll be slathering him with sunscreen.

ETA: I'm not trying to sound preachy, I hope it doesn't sound that way, cause I'm definitely a noob mom . This is all stuff that our ped recommended.
  6. blah blah BLAH
    blah blah BLAH
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    Our pediatrician told us that sun screen was recently approved for babies 4 weeks and older. I forget who she said released the study... but I would definitely call your pediatrician and ask what his/her stance is if you're not sure.
    Really? We were just in AZ before DH deployed and my pediatrician said sunblock isn't ok until after 6 months... so just big floppy hats, cool but covering outfits and as much shade as possible

But, I guess that's a good reason to follow the advice about calling your pediatrician, they all have different opinions and cite different studies, etc..
    *miles mean NOTHING when you are in love, and love means EVERYTHING when you are miles apart*

7. Senior Member
    Water babies is what we use but my kids dont have fair skin and actually tend to still tan through it but dont burn at least.
  8. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    Don't ever settle for less than you deserve.
    When DD was 6months old we started using the baby stuff and now she has a full body wet suit(covers all her body except head/face, with built in spf 50, and so now I just spray her hair with sun protection stuff to protect her scalp and I use the baby sunblock sticks on her face. (They look like glue sticks. )
    Signature removed due to size.
  9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

i'd ask your pedi bc ive heard not to use sunscreen til 6mons +
  10. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Most sun screen says not until 6+ months. I keep all of my kids out of the sun for prolonged period when they are that young.

I use California Baby most of the time on my kids.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast