Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: PPD

1. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Sad PPD

Advertisements
    I'm pretty sure I have it. Did anyone else go through it? I had it after bella, and went on meds but she was alot older before i finally went in for it. This time, Ansley's pedi screened me at her 2wk check up and had the nurse call and make me an appt with my PCM to be seen. Is anyone else dealing with this? I'm not sure DH really understands. He knows I have an appt Monday for it but i'm not sure I want Dh to go with me... I guess I feel a little embarrassed to admit how I feel in front of him. Soooo is anyone dealing with this too?
  2. Senior Member

Not at the moment...

But I had it with DS...
  3. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I don't know if I'd say I'm really dealing with it right now because I'm on Paxil... but I'm 99% sure I WOULD be dealing with it if I WEREN'T on Paxil. I felt horrible after I had Emmalee... and I didn't realize for a long time that it wasn't normal to feel the way I did (or I knew it wasn't "normal" but I thought it was me not being a good mom, not that I had PPD).

I totally understand about wanting to go to your appointment by yourself. I probably would too. I love my husband and everything but I don't know if I could feel as open with him in the room, because I know he doesn't understand exactly what it's like. He tries to be understanding, but I know he doesn't really get it, ya know?

I'm glad that you have an appointment--I hope you and your doctor are able to figure out what will help you feel better!!!! If you ever need to talk, I'm here. If you'd like my cell number for texting or whatever, let me know, I'd be happy to give it to you. Hang in there!!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Thanks Beth. I can def use someone to talk to
  5. Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    Gained a child but lost my sanity!
    With ODS there was so much going on- in 6 months I got married, got laid off, had a baby and sent my DH off on deployment. I was a basket case with all the life changes and the PPD was just another factor but I kind of ignored it. With YDS it was totally that. I actually got to the point of having panic attacks almost daily because I didn't realize what it actually was because of all the other stuff with ODS. I didn't want DH to come with me either because even though I knew he knew what was going on admitting it in front of him was a whole other thing. I am really glad you have an appt. & aren't letting it get as far as I did. Many, many & if you need a shoulder my PM box is open!
  6. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?

I had it with Grace. The midwife I saw during my postpartum screening after having Evey was almost certain I had it after having Grace, but never saw a provider about it. It was much, much worse with Evey. The first 12 months were hard. There's a chance that I already had clinical depression and it just worsened after I had her. I was on Zoloft.
    Pax, Aeon