Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jayden's Birth Story with pics (long)

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Jayden's Birth Story with pics (long)

Advertisements
    So Monday I went in for my NST as usual my BP was sky high, at first it was 145/110 then 144/112 so of course the nurse called in a different doctor from my usual because she wanted his opinion- he checked my fluid on the baby and it was 12.9 so everything was good with him. When he looked at my chart he said that my BP was a cause for concern since it had been real high for 4ish weeks. He then sent me for blood work and a urine test he then also told me he wanted me to do the 24 hour urine test and come back to get my BP tested for the third time. This time it was 140/98, he said he didn't like that and told me we needed to talk. I of course got worried.

Next thing I know he mentioned induction (my doctor and I had previously spoken about that that very same day) he asked what I thought and I simply asked him if it was medically necessary and he told me yes. He told me to call my DH because he was walking me down to L&D. I called DH and all I got was "we are having a baby RIGHT NOW, like this VERY SECOND??" I told him well not this very second but they wanted to start the induction process, yes. Next thing I hear is DH's SSG "people move we got a baby coming" it was quite hilarious.

After getting settled into L&D I got my cervix measured and was at 2cm and ripe. The doctor told me he wanted to start me on pitocin- great I was excited to be having a baby!! I went from 2cm to 5cm in an hour or so, so I thought I was going by quick. At 5cm I got my epi because the contractions were so intense where labor stopped nothing happened for 5 or 6 hours so I got my waters broken. I had more pregression and the next time I was checked I was at 8cm YAY again- the only issue was the epi didn't kick in I was feeling every single contraction and by this time I was in tears. So I had a second epi and this time it worked (the cathater somehow dislodged itself).

I was stuck at 8cm for another few hours when my doctor came in and said the baby was OP (head down but face towards my belly button) and I wasn't progressing anymore. I had another doctor check me about an hour or so later and I still hadn't moved so they said the best thing was for me to have a c-section. Well after 15 minutes of being prepped I head down to the OR and get all my meds (I was so sure I could feel something but couldn't). I guess during the c-section I freaked out and tensed everything up and just went into painc mode. They got the baby out and at first I didn't hear him cry and I asked DH why he wasn't crying (he said he was) then I heard it and started to cry. Then the doc told me I'm giving you ketemine (sp?) to put you to sleep so I can finish this all I remember saying was "ok let me kiss my baby" and that was it. Next time I woke up I was in the ICU telling them I needed to see my kid.

And that is where Jayden and I met . It was quite an eventful birth but absolutely worth it. Hope you enjoy the pics and I didn't bore you too much

Jayden and I 30 minutes after I met him.

Mr. Perfect.
  2. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    Awww, he's precious,and CONGRATULATIONS!!
  3. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    He's beautiful! Congratulations, mama!!
    Pax, Aeon
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Thank you ladies
  5. Senior Member

he's going to be such a ladies man! I can already tell

again!!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OneHappyMama View Post

he's going to be such a ladies man! I can already tell

again!!
    Funny you should mention that because all the nurses loved him. They were fighting over who gets him on what shift.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Blog Entries

8. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Congratulations!! He just wanted to make sure his birth was a big production, that's all!
  9. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

He looks like a little peanut all wrapped up!

Congrats Mommy!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast