Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: 2 questions!

1. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

2 questions!

Advertisements
    So ever since i've been home from the hospital, i've noticed this pain that i have on my left side right under my boob, i mean like RIGHT under, where the rib cage is (kind of where your bottom of your bra sits). It doesn't hurt all the time or anything, just when i move a certain way on my left side in bed or if i touch the spot. Any idea what i did? It wasn't this way before birth so maybe i pulled a muscle?

Also i've noticed some burning right before i'm done peeing. It comes and goes. I drink plenty of water and some days i have it, others i dont. No other sypmtoms of anything either. I wanna say i notice it more when i'm bleeding but not 100% on that. I had 2 catheters tho, one for peeing and another to measure contraction strength. Do you think maybe i got a scratch or something from the one catheter?

I have a drs appt with my PCM on base Monday so I can ask then if it's still around but just thought i'd see if anyone had experienced this.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I had the chest pain thing. I am not sure when it went away. After I wasn't so heavy with milk.
  3. blah blah BLAH
    blah blah BLAH
    Did you delivery vaginally or c-section? I think you put the birth story up, but I can't remember...

If it was vaginal, you may have strained some muscles.. I had muscle pain that seemed to go from my back to around my ribs and my OB said it was from pushing, rolling your back while pushing, etc.. and then not to mention the new load of breast milk, it's heavy!

And as for the burning, I would say the catheter may have maybe cut you a little, but I can't be sure... are you staying well hydrated? You have to be sure to do so, especially since you're breastfeeding. Hopefully your doc can give you more accurate answers
    *miles mean NOTHING when you are in love, and love means EVERYTHING when you are miles apart*

4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsUSMC View Post
    Did you delivery vaginally or c-section? I think you put the birth story up, but I can't remember...

If it was vaginal, you may have strained some muscles.. I had muscle pain that seemed to go from my back to around my ribs and my OB said it was from pushing, rolling your back while pushing, etc.. and then not to mention the new load of breast milk, it's heavy!

And as for the burning, I would say the catheter may have maybe cut you a little, but I can't be sure... are you staying well hydrated? You have to be sure to do so, especially since you're breastfeeding. Hopefully your doc can give you more accurate answers
    vaginal and yes, i'm pretty hydrated Pretty much all i drink is water minus a soda a day.
  5. Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    Mom with Messy House and Happy Kids!!
    I had two catheters when I had my son and felt the same way not sure if it is because of that or not but it went away shortly after the bleeding stopped.
  6. blah blah BLAH
    blah blah BLAH
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    vaginal and yes, i'm pretty hydrated Pretty much all i drink is water minus a soda a day.
    That's good, make sure you keep that up! (I did the same thing.. had to give in for a coke once a day though lol)

I'd definitely say the muscle strain is a possibility, and the catheter may be to blame.. I mean, your doc may tell you it's nothing, or something completely different, but I'm just saying what mine was the result of (according to my doc).. hope they both go away soon though! Sounds pretty annoying..
    *miles mean NOTHING when you are in love, and love means EVERYTHING when you are miles apart*

7. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

It def is! I just try to move easily when i'm on that side. The burning.. i haven't had any today yet but i've also not had any bleeding so I dunno if the 2 are related or not
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I also had the under-boob pain... and 6 weeks later, I'm STILL sore from the damn catheter. I went in for my post partum checkup yesterday and gave them a urine sample to check and see if it's a urinary tract infection... hopefully I'll find out Monday. It's either that or some kind of irritation... I'm allergic to latex (says it ALL OVER my chart, I even had the nerdy "ALLERGY" wristband) and they gave me a latex catheter . Then they realized it and gave me a different one.