Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated w/ bf

1. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Frustrated w/ bf

Advertisements
    Nak-ing

i'm gettin.. no i am, frustrated w/ bf. i hate when she eats and then falls asleep and i think she is done only to set her down and have her fuss again bc she wants more. its so frustrating! like now, she is latched on, but falling asleep with the boob in her mouth.. argh! i need to get out to the store to get Jack pepto for his stomach and its almost noon (nap time) and its stressing me out

bf is just so frustrating to me right now. i feel like its all i do, every 2hrs.. (probably not even that long between feeds by the time she finishes) for 30-45mins

It gets better right? Is it PPD that is affecting me not enjoying bf like i did with bella? Bc i just dont enjoy it right now.. i did.. but the past few days, i'm just like ughhhhhhhhhhhhh time to eat.. again... I WANT to do this.. i do, i really do WANT to bf.. its just frustrating and makes me want to cry (and sometimes i do when she takes a few times to latch on and when we play this whole hey i think im done but really not game)
  2. Senior Member
    At 3 weeks, I felt the same way as you. It was frustrating at that stage, but by 6 weeks, it was a completely different experience and I started to enjoy it more. If you want to stick with it, I'd try sticking to it for a little longer to see if it gets any better. Those early weeks really are tough.
    Cori Aletta______ Avery William

09.23.09_________06.13.11
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The first few weeks are so hard and frustrating. I agree with the PP, by 6 weeks things were all better and we had a steady rhythm going.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    She is about two weeks...sounds like a growth spurt. They will nurse more then. Hang in there. It gets better.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I should also add that now, at 8 weeks, Asher can take down both breasts in under 10 minutes. I think DH is planning to put him in eating contests. it amazes him every time
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarianna View Post
    I should also add that now, at 8 weeks, Asher can take down both breasts in under 10 minutes. I think DH is planning to put him in eating contests. it amazes him every time
    That's funny! I am picturing a little baby going after both boobs and then shooting his hands up saying done.
  7. Senior Member
    I know how you feel. It has been stressful for me too. I enjoy breastfeeding but sometimes I just want to quit because it's so frustrating and I feel as though I'm giving myself ten times the work. Last night I got four hours of sleep because Anna would fall asleep and then what felt like immediately wake up and want to eat again. I was about to lose my mind. Was pretty much in tears, which seems to be often.
    Last edited by Abigail; 05-20-2011 at 03:21 PM.
  8. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

I plan to stick it out bc i DO want to b/f her and I feel like if I give up now, I'll regret it later. This is our last baby and I want to b/f. I just wanted to vent and let it out.

Abi, we should get our babies on the same schedule and then we can text or fb msg each other at night LOL!
  9. Everyday is a new day
    Everyday is a new day
    It gets much better the older they get. Hang in there. Please pm me if you need anything! Just know you're doing the best you can for your baby.

i my fall 09 wives
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I totally know the feeling.
    Yesterday I spent two hours playing that game. as soon as I put my boob away, she wakes up and wants to eat. but, if I just keep it out she will sleep latched on.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast