Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Update on Ansley!

1. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Update on Ansley!

Advertisements
    Ansley had her 2wk check up today. She is 7lbs 11oz (7lbs 6oz 1 week ago exactly) and 20 1/2 in (20in last week). Looks like we are doing well with our weight gain, yay!! They were concerned about her being jaundiced so since we never got a call from the lab draw last fri, they called the lab at the hospital and found out it was 14.4 and the pedi here on base hospitalizes at 15 so we had to get another heel prick Luckily, her levels are decreasing and are at 12.3 or 5, i can't remember. They had lightly suggested maybe having to supplement with formula but since she is decreasing, we won't have too, which is GREAT bc i was getting worried we would have to and my supply would suffer (i had planned to pump ). Otherwise, she is doing great and dr was really impressed with ansley's ability to hold her head up so well

I also had to fill out a PPD questionaire (i had ppd after Bella) and the nurse called me on my way home and said the dr was concerned and wanted me to make an appt to see my PCM (my dr on base) so i go in on monday. Which is fine bc the OB wanted me to start meds a few months ago for PPD precaution and for other reasons but my body just did not agree with them so maybe we'll try one of them again and see how i do.

2 recent pics of my baby girl, taken yesterday! Big sister wore this outfit too

2. Senior Member
    She's so cute! Glad to hear she's doing better.
  3. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Awww, she is so cute Jamie. I saw you ask about that supplementing with formula thing, so I am glad to hear that you don't have to worry about it now!

4. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindorella View Post
    Awww, she is so cute Jamie. I saw you ask about that supplementing with formula thing, so I am glad to hear that you don't have to worry about it now!
    Me too!
  5. Banned
    Banned
    she's so beautiful. I am SO glad you are handling the PPD well, at least accepting the fact you may have it and willing to get the help should you need it. I can't tell you enough how much it saddens me that there isn't more awareness for it.
  6. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Keirasmama10 View Post
    she's so beautiful. I am SO glad you are handling the PPD well, at least accepting the fact you may have it and willing to get the help should you need it. I can't tell you enough how much it saddens me that there isn't more awareness for it.

Thanks I know that it wasn't til 4wks or so that I suspected it with Bella and I was on meds a while but stopped them before we got pregnant. Now with dealing with all 3 kids etc and how i was when i wasn't pregnant, i feel like i should def get on something. We tried during pregnancy, but my body was against them