Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which 1st?

1. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp

Question Which 1st?

Advertisements
    Took Miss D to her 4mo well baby. Shes 15lbs and 25inches.

Anyway. Doc said I can start giving her cereal. So i got her multi grain rice cereal. Do I give it in her bottle or from a spoon? Then how long untill I move on to fruits?

Its been 6yrs Im wayyyy rusty
  2. Moderator

We never did rice cereal in bottles with D, just gave it to him soupy from a spoon to begin with. He hated the stuff. We started fruits at 6 months, I'm pretty sure. He looooooved those. Veggies even more so.
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    We skipped cereal first and went to veggies and fruits. Have cereal now. He eats everythng!
    You give cereal with spoon.
    I started before the ped said because we don't see them till Monday (he's almost five months old now!)
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    They do not suggest giving it threw a bottle, they can choke that way. Give it in a spoon.. make it "soupy". Neither of my girls liked the cereals.. so I just did veggies and fruits then later on got them like the apple and rice mixed cereals in jars.

5. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Spoon. It's basically for practice at this point, they don't "need" it. Formula or breastmilk gives them all the nutrients they need at this point, so there's no reason to put it in the bottle. I always mixed it with breastmilk and my kids loved it. You also don't have to start right at 4 months, you can wait a couple months if you want to. If baby doesn't seem to like it or isn't able to swallow it (like just spits it out instead of moving it to the back of the mouth to swallow), wait a few weeks and try again.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Oh and you said "multi grain rice cereal"... I usually think of "multi grain" as a mix of different grains (rice, barley, oatmeal, etc.)... is it that or is it rice? You probably want to start with a single-ingredient cereal so that if baby has an allergic reaction, you know which one is causing it.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  7. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    Oh and you said "multi grain rice cereal"... I usually think of "multi grain" as a mix of different grains (rice, barley, oatmeal, etc.)... is it that or is it rice? You probably want to start with a single-ingredient cereal so that if baby has an allergic reaction, you know which one is causing it.
    Its Earths Best Organic Whole Grain (i was wrong about multi) Rice Cereal.

When introing new food like fruits and veggies how long do you wait between trying new ones?
  8. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by *Roo* View Post
    Its Earths Best Organic Whole Grain (i was wrong about multi) Rice Cereal.

When introing new food like fruits and veggies how long do you wait between trying new ones?
    Dr. Sears says wait a week between introducing new foods. The AAP says 2-3 days. So take your pick.
  9. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I just waited till I finished a jar lol each jar is only good every 2-3 days. Plus no food allergies in our families.
    Ds eats his food up and would eat the whole jar if I let him
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

10. Friendly Neighborhood Fabric Pimp
    Thanks for your help everyone. Im waiting till next week to start her on foods. Im waiting to the icky bug stuff to get out of her system. She had been drinking the recalled Similac.

I had a dream I was feeding her and she ate it up. It was blueberry apple or something with carrots-lol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast