Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: constipated: how do you know?

1. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.

constipated: how do you know?

Advertisements
    I started Hailey on solids:
    sometimes runny, sometimes a lil thicker rice Cereal for 2 weeks, gave her squash 2 days and yesterday accidentally gave her carrots without applying the "allergy window of time" between the two.

Yesterday she gave me a major poop, orange, and it was her ONLY poop for the day. shes breastfed and and usually has 2-3 big poops for me. I fed her rice creal again yesterday, barely 1oz, she hates it when its made with formula. it was the consistency of baby food.

i still havent had another delivery from the poop fairy, how do i know if shes constipated?
  2. Senior Member
    when I first started each of my kids on cereal they went a bit without a bm. I think they body just has to get used to have something other than liquid going through it. dd is breast fed and would go a few days. she would start to strain every once in a while (ds did the same thing) and that's when I knew they were constipated. their bellies also get a little stiff and distended.
  3. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    She strained for a few farts just a few minutes ago, and there's not even a shart in her diaper to show for it. she's happy right now, rolling around on the floor eating her toys, making noises with her lips.

I've tried the "legs in circles" thing, and the counterclockwise circle below their belly button thing many-a-times today.. no poo.

Ugh i haven't wanted her to poop this bad since she was 4 days old and boarder line jaundice!
  4. Senior Member
    I personally wouldn't get too worried unless her belly started to get distended. then maybe give her a baby suppository. that ALWAYS worked with my kids.
  5. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by marine.gf View Post
    I personally wouldn't get too worried unless her belly started to get distended. then maybe give her a baby suppository. that ALWAYS worked with my kids.
    I know, i'm just being a mom to my little love bug.

I'm taking it I'll notice this distention? Like almost a bulge?

My friend had a constipation problem and the nurse that called her back from the naval hospital said that suppositories are last resort, and she ended up giving her little girl 3 parts prune juice, 2 parts water. (worked for her, too!) But EVERYWHERE I read, it says the mom gave them a baby sup. and it worked like a charm!

when she poops, where ever I am, I'm going to do a touch down dance!
  6. Senior Member
    I wouldnt worry unless she goes 3 or 4 days without pooping, and/or starts acting really fussy. When my youngest would have gas issues I would lay him on his back and with his legs bent push them into his belly gently but firmly...99% of the time it would "push" out the gas.
  7. Senior Member
    And to add...if she's straining because she's constipated it's nearly impossible to not notice it.

I'd tell you not to worry too much but I know how it is so I'll just give you a
  8. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by MullerKris View Post
    I wouldnt worry unless she goes 3 or 4 days without pooping, and/or starts acting really fussy. When my youngest would have gas issues I would lay him on his back and with his legs bent push them into his belly gently but firmly...99% of the time it would "push" out the gas.
    i just did it again, and she farted for the first 4 pushes cute baby farts. hehe
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wcchick712 View Post
    I know, i'm just being a mom to my little love bug.

I'm taking it I'll notice this distention? Like almost a bulge?

My friend had a constipation problem and the nurse that called her back from the naval hospital said that suppositories are last resort, and she ended up giving her little girl 3 parts prune juice, 2 parts water. (worked for her, too!) But EVERYWHERE I read, it says the mom gave them a baby sup. and it worked like a charm!

when she poops, where ever I am, I'm going to do a touch down dance!

you will notice the distention. it just looks just like a bulge. and it will be firm, not like an normal soft belly. I was going to suggest prune juice too but I know that a lot of people won't give juice before a certain age so I didn't want to suggest and it not be ok for your little one. And let me tell you a sup. WORKS so be ready for it. you'll have a mess on your hands, but it definitely is a relief (for you and baby)
  10. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    She's almost 6 mo, actually, in 2 days she'll be 6mo. So I'm not too against giving her prune juice. I think the need to poop has been keeping her up today. She has only napped a collective hour since 6am! it's 12:45!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast