Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: infant flying tips please!!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

infant flying tips please!!

Advertisements
    Okay tomorrow I have a 7 hour flight with my 3 month old so those who have flown with really young ones was there anything you wished you had brought with you or anything that made the trip easier? I know they say make sure she has a paci or is feeding when we take off/land but other than that? I got lucky and got a bulk head seat so I heard that helps...
  2. Senior Member
    last time i flew (on a 4 hour flight) i was sitting next to a 5 month old baby. basically, the mom gave her a bottle just before take off. and then the baby napped the whole flight, basically. maybe try to plan it so baby will be tired during the flight? 7 hours is a long time though....

good luck!
    R.I.P. My Love, Everyone was supposed to come home together, I'm sorry you had to come home early
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

def make sure to give the baby a bottle before take off so it'll pop the ears.. take some paci's and just try to be relaxed. Hopefully baby will sleep
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I hope she'll sleep too! The flight leaves at 7:50 pm which is right around her bedtime anyways and after a long airport day I hope she'll just conk out!! *fingers crossed*
  5. Senior Member
    I don't have any advice, since I don't have a child, but the title of this made me laugh. Just think of it out of context... "infant flying tips please!"

Sounds like you wanted to throw a baby... Maybe after your 7 hr plane ride

(I KID! by any means, NEVER throw a baby! I don't suggest it, nor do I think OP will...just making a joke to clarify...)

You're welcome.
  6. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    The important part is the baby be nursing or sucking on a paci during take off and until the plane levels out. A good rule of thumb is if your ears have popped the baby should be fine. If she gets or stays fussy it's probably because her ears haven't popped so try asking the stewardess for two cups with wet, hot towels in the bottom. Carefully place them over her ears and that will help them pop.

Other than that, extra onesies, blanket, diapers, wipes, rash medicine, etc...all the normal stuff you would bring on a trip.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  7. Senior Member
    I just flew with my 6 month old and 17 month old last month, by MYSELF. I wouldn't recommend that I nursed by daughter during takeoff and gave my son a bottle. I also was told to give them a bit of tylenol to keep their ears from hurting as bad. Also make sure to have a paci or teether if the baby uses them. Plenty of things to keep entertained! and my plane was freezing cold so i would recommend an extra blanket for a long flight. I also noticed that if I stayed calm and relaxed they pretty much followed suit. it's like they can sense that stuff or something so they get upset people were amazed when they saw I had two babies with me because no one ever heard them
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solstice View Post
    The important part is the baby be nursing or sucking on a paci during take off and until the plane levels out. A good rule of thumb is if your ears have popped the baby should be fine. If she gets or stays fussy it's probably because her ears haven't popped so try asking the stewardess for two cups with wet, hot towels in the bottom. Carefully place them over her ears and that will help them pop.

Other than that, extra onesies, blanket, diapers, wipes, rash medicine, etc...all the normal stuff you would bring on a trip.
    great tip!!
  9. Regular Member
    Thank you for these tips! Im about to fly from New Orleans to Japan with a 2 month old approx 20 hours total and 13 hours straight from U.S. to Toyko!
  10. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I'm about to do a trip to england on thursday with an almonst 4 month old. So thread stalking
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast