Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: hitting

1. Regular Member

hitting

Advertisements
    Well my son is 10.5 months old he'll be 11 months on the 14th. Well he has discovered hitting and pinching. He does it more when I tell him no, and when i do tell him no, he does it more and harder. I'm trying to go back to work but don't want to put him in a daycare, where he can beat up on younger victims lol. Is it just a phase or what, he has his 2 bottom teeth and 3 top ones coming in, he isn't biting thank god, but he is a meanie.
  2. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

When he hits or pinches grab his hand to physically stop him and tell him "no" sternly. Just be consistent with that and he'll get it .
  3. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    When he hits or pinches grab his hand to physically stop him and tell him "no" sternly. Just be consistent with that and he'll get it .
    Yeppers!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  4. Senior Member
    If my daughter pinched or hit me I would tell her no, and put her down. Eventually she learned that no one wanted to hold her or play with her if she was going to hurt u. I would also say "We don't bite/hit/pinch! That hurts Mommy!" before I put her down.
  5. Regular Member
    Thats what i'll try instead of just smacking his hand, and keep him in my lap i'll put him down, He knows what no is, he just thinks its funny when i tell him no and smack his hand.. when he pulls my hair, i'll tug on his and he'll laugh!
  6. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Telling a child not to hit and then hitting them is not really effective. Just like telling a child not to bite and then biting them back is not effective. I agree with the firm no.
  7. Regular Member
    we tried just the firm no, and he thinks its funny so we just smack is hand away, he is slowing learning now that we put him down to after hopefully it helps