Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: post pardum bleeding?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

post pardum bleeding?

Advertisements
    This may be TMI so read at your own risk. I gave birth about a month ago. Bled for 2 weeks and then for the last 2 weeks I have just been spotting brown. Then yesterday I started bleeding... like a medium period flow kind of bleeding. Could it be my period? (I am exclusively breastfeeding btw) Has anyone experienced this? I plan the call the nurse here soon to check but right now DD is asleep on me so when she wakes up I am gonna call... so any input?
  2. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Probably. I can't remember if thats the same time ih ad bleeding or not with Jackson... i had bled for 2 weeks then spotted then bled and my MW said it was my AF. I'm not 100% on the time line tho. With bella i spotted 2 weeks after then nothing really til 6 wks i think? I cant remember
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    well freakin A if it's my period lol, that's not really fair is it?
  4. Senior Member
    Yes it could be your regular period.

I know many women who breastfeed don't get their period for quite a while but others get them back just like normal.
  5. Super Speshil
    Super Speshil
    The point of no return. Is that a duty station?
    I'd say no. It's considered a return of menses if you experience bleeding 56> days post birth. Before that it's still in the lochia stage. It's highly unlikely to see a return of menses if you're nursing on demand or at least every 2 hours during the day and 3-4 at night. LAM's effectiveness, if done correctly, is as reliable and effective as BC.

It's normal to have typical bleeding and then it lets up and you get spotting and then more bleeding. Doing lots of walking or housework can make you bleed more.

You may be able to still test positive. I highly doubt it's your period.
    Pax, Aeon
  6. Senior Member
    I agree with whoever said if you're walking more or doing housework that it will increase your bleeding. I bleed for like the first week and then after that it was spotting, but I found if I did more activity, like walking or laundry or houswework, it made my bleeding heavier. However, I was breastfeeding and I still got my period when my son was about a month old.
    Desiree

Zachery Tobias born December 10, 2009!
  7. Senior Member
    I was pumping all of DS' food and still got my full blown period at like 5 or 6 weeks. I spotted up until then too. It does suck! Everyone is different though. I would not rely on it for birth control!