Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rash

1. Member

Help Rash

Advertisements
    Ok for all you veteran moms I need advice..My daughter is 5 months old. She has develop a rash with small bumps on her cheeks and arms. Should I be worried. I am going to make her a Drs appt monday is there something I could do at home to maybe make it better. TIA
    Emily Rose
  2. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Does she appear in distress? Could just be a prickley heat rash, which there's really nothing to be done about it. Just continue to monitor it. NOW, if she develops a fever, starts scratching, develops shortness of breath, it spreads ect...then take her to the ER. IF it's just the rash and it doesn't go away by Monday then by all means take her to the appt.
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Could be eczema? How long has she had it? any new detergents or foods?
  4. Member
    No new detergents or food....She has had it for about 4 days now...I thought at first it was a heat rash but i dont think so..However for the last couple of day she has been spitting up her milk at least 2 times a day sometimes maybe more..she has had the same formula since birth..
    Emily Rose
  5. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

It could be the start of eczema. Jackson's started off looking like a heat rash but as the weeks went on, it just got worse and worse....Has she had a fever any lately? If so, could be roseola.
  6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanssweetie View Post
    It could be the start of eczema. Jackson's started off looking like a heat rash but as the weeks went on, it just got worse and worse....Has she had a fever any lately? If so, could be roseola.
    No fever and she doesnt act like it itches..my hubby is a medic and he says it looks like eczema or rochesa(SP)....I guess I just worry to much...
    Emily Rose
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    My daughter is 6 months old and has already had 2 rashes. The 1st was roseola. It started with a fever for a few days then she had the rash for two days. But if she doesnt have a fever, I dont that it is. The 2nd rash she had was a side effect from an antibotic she was on for a double ear infection! The doctor had me give her a bath in the Aveeno Oatmeal Bath to help calm it down.
  8. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemy68w View Post
    No fever and she doesnt act like it itches..my hubby is a medic and he says it looks like eczema or rochesa(SP)....I guess I just worry to much...
    jacksons didnt bother him until it was to the point of seeping etc. You could try some OTC creams like Aveeno stuff, California baby (tho i think u have to order it offline), uhm some Aquaphor. Jacksons was really bad tho so he needed a steroid cream at first and then the aquaphor afterwards. Maybe try some of those to see if it clears up?
  9. Senior Member
    You can use hydrocortisone .5% on a baby. My daughter had baby acne, and eczema when she was just 3 weeks old. They gave me a script for the hydrocortisone but you can buy it otc. It works real fast. Aquafor is awesome too! Best to put it on the area after a warm bath while the pores in the skin are still open. It will trap in the moisture. And lastly my experience with rashes like this on my children and myself- That sun is amazing for eczema. If it's not too hot and the sun isn't very strong then go outside for a little while and let the sun hit it. My daughter's eczema always clears up for summer.
  10. Senior Member
    Poor thing
    I would go to your Pediatrician to see what they recommend.
    DF has eczema and gets in on his face, arms and legs..........
    Its better to have the doctor look at her though and tell you what the best thing to do is........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast