Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baby congestion

1. im lovin my emilee and my hubby
    im lovin my emilee and my hubby

Question baby congestion

Advertisements
    i need help my 3 month old has been congestion for about week no fever or anything we have bought a humidifier we are usin the vicks. we have done the baby vicks for about a week. and the other day she has gotten a little cough when should i call her doctor
    tia
    867-5309 Love_my_airmanNP, and chicalelo are my sister wives
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Honestly, babies just get congested. Their sinuses aren't developed for many more months. They sound worse then they are. If baby doesn't have a fever, DON"T use any meds until you talked with your DR!!!!! Vicks isn't for babies that young. Just use sailine drops, nose sucker, and keep her elevated to help with drainage.

Humidifier will help all of you guys though. Please, please, please....don't go medicating your baby without your doctors direction.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  4. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

You could place her in her little chair and put her on the floor in your bathroom and run a hot, steamy shower. Let her breath in the warm air.

Also, do you have pets? Anyone smoke? House dusty? Have you changed your air conditioner filter?

Follow Dakota's advice...prop her up, suction her out (but not too much, you could be over zealous). Unless the mucus turn thick/green/yellow....it could just be "congestion". Stop using the vick's....

When in doubt, call the MD.
  5. im lovin my emilee and my hubby
    ok thank you guys very much
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    All of us wondered that with the first one. You worry so much. It is better for you to let your baby develop an immune system first. Meds shouldn't be used on children younger then 4 anyways. Unless directed by your DR. They are even changing that now to 6. People overmedicate and hurt babies.

If you are very worried, call your dr. That is what they get paid for.
  7. Senior Member
    I would take your baby to the doctor. Better be safe than sorry, my son has had problems with congestion and he ended up in the hospital twice for bronchitis and pneumonia. I don't want to scare you but better be safe than sorry. Don't give your baby any medicine because it can worsen the situation.
  8. im lovin my emilee and my hubby
    thanks guys she is doin so much better now just has a cough now that wont go away
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I would take her in,especially with her being that young you want to make sure she doesn't have RSV.
  10. im lovin my emilee and my hubby
    im makin her a doctor apt i want her to be seen by her pedi and i was told by someone that she cant have rsv becasue its not the season for rsv can she have it still
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast