Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When do/did you shower?

1. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.

When do/did you shower?

Advertisements
    little miss. Hailey doesn't like to nap in the AM, and we wake up at 7am. That means I have a wide awake diva on my hands until her first feeding which isn't until almost (sometimes) 10.. that she'll sometime fall asleep after. If she doesn't fall asleep, then I give up all hope of showering for the day.

I want to shower at night when she's out cold, but then i think of all the dust mites and gross stuff that live in our bed (everyone's bed.. don't think your bed is a saint!) But it seems like my only temporary option.

So when do/did you shower when you had a really LO? Miss Hailey is 8wks. Do I just let her sit there and coo in her chair while I'm showering? what happened to not leaving her unattended!? lol
  2. Senior Member
    My shower schedule usually varies...sometimes I shower in the morning...but when I get super gross after a workout in the afternoon I will shower then and skip my morning shower...ya i'm gross
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wcchick712 View Post
    little miss. Hailey doesn't like to nap in the AM, and we wake up at 7am. That means I have a wide awake diva on my hands until her first feeding which isn't until almost (sometimes) 10.. that she'll sometime fall asleep after. If she doesn't fall asleep, then I give up all hope of showering for the day.

I want to shower at night when she's out cold, but then i think of all the dust mites and gross stuff that live in our bed (everyone's bed.. don't think your bed is a saint!) But it seems like my only temporary option.

So when do/did you shower when you had a really LO? Miss Hailey is 8wks. Do I just let her sit there and coo in her chair while I'm showering? what happened to not leaving her unattended!? lol
    Leave her in her crib or hook into her car seat and take her into the bathroom with you if have to have her near you.

But really, you can leave her alone in a safe environment for 30 minutes to take a shower. It is the same as if you are putting her to bed to fall asleep or something like that.

The don't leave them unattended thing is to not leave them unattended in a dangerous situation.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I put my kiddos in the car seat or bouncy seat right outside my shower in the bathroom. Anytime they cried or needed anything I would be right there to check on them.

If they cried I just hurried up my shower and then took care of them. Does not hurt for them to cry for a minute or two(unless they are really hurt).
  5. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    *phew* I felt bad thinking I could just leave her there with the chance of her throwing a crying fit while I'm showering. But if it's a mom thing, I can adjust!
  6. Senior Member
    It is perfectly fine to leave her and if she cries for a few minutes she will be fine.
  7. Senior Member
    I kinda don't remember. I think I would shower when he fell asleep. Or I would put him in his bouncer in the bathroom with me. Just peek out the shower and make sure she's ok.
  8. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    yeah I already love lil man in a bouncer or swing or crib to shower in the morning. I love showering in the morning and wouldn't be able to change to showering at night.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

9. Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Formerly BooBoo_Bear
    Yep, I'd just put him in his bouncy chair while I showered
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by froglove View Post
    I put my kiddos in the car seat or bouncy seat right outside my shower in the bathroom. Anytime they cried or needed anything I would be right there to check on them.

If they cried I just hurried up my shower and then took care of them. Does not hurt for them to cry for a minute or two(unless they are really hurt).

That's the same thing I did. My son was one of those that would cry the second he could not see me, so even if I just had to pee, that bouncy seat was in front of me in the bathroom, and the same went for showers and everything else!

BiggyBiggs...the Wifey that makes me go "WoW"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast