Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cloth diapers?? Recommendations??

1. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick

Cloth diapers?? Recommendations??

Advertisements
    So I'm TOTALLY thinking way ahead (we're not even TTC yet LOL), but I'd like to cloth diaper with my next baby. I started really late with DS (he was almost 2) and then I had to put them in daycare so went back to disposables. Anyway, I used Thirsties Fab Fitteds with him as well as the Thirsties covers (and a couple Bumkins covers just because they were so cute LOL). I loved the soft velour of the Thirsties, but I also can't help but appreciate the economic choice of using CPFs. (But I know I'd still dish out $$$ for cute covers LOL.)

I know a lot of people like Fuzzi Bunz, but I don't think I really want to use a pocket diaper. I think I'd rather use a prefold, contour, or fitted diaper under a waterproof cover.

So what are your faves??

Also, how do you store your dirty ones, how do you wash them (what kind of detergent, what settings), and how do you dry (I know no fabric softener or dryer sheets, but I mean.. dryer or hang dry)? Do you have a sprayer attached to your toilet? Do you put anything in the diaper pail to keep the odor down?

TIA. I'm way too obsessed with something that I don't even need right now LOL. But I figure it's never too soon to do the research.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  2. I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    I'm sorry for the things I said when I was hungry.
    Blog Entries
    Omg I just got way too excited I thought your eggo was preggo

you could always just safety pin your granny panties

3. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

I have made some AIO's for baby, I prefer them to the diapers and covers (and less to wash). I have also been looking into gdiapers from target, you can use cloth OR disposable inserts with them which is pretty cool if you are going out for the day and don't want to carry stinky diapers around, you can just use the disposable. I have hear flips are pretty good too.

4. Senior Member
    Im still heavily researching but I'll share with you when I know more
  5. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

See, I prefer pockets or AIO's for the ease and quick use. I also own just about all One Size so I don't have to buy bigger sizes as they grow. I have several BG Organic AIO/OS, they are actually pretty good! We have Rumparooz (excellent!), Blueberry (very nice, just a little bulky on a smaller baby), Fuzzi Bunz OS (Really like these), Happy Heinies (pretty decent) and Nifty Nappies (need to use these more to really know what I think. So far they are pretty nice).

As far as storing dirty diapers and washing... I keep a trash can with a reusable liner in it to put them into. Open top, no lid. I rinse poop diapers in the toilet with a diaper sprayer which is attached to my toilet before putting them in there. I also rinse the wipes if they are nasty from a nasty poop. In the bottom of the trash can, I sprinkle some lil' outlaws "pail pardner" to keep it smelling good. I usually wash diapers every other day, sometimes every day depending on how much she has pooped. I have enough diapers to go longer, but I don't like to lol. As for detergent I've been using Lil' Outlaws and Rockin Green. I think I'll be fully switching to Rockin Green for the diapers. It appears to clean them a bit better. I have an HE machine. I do a cold rinse with extra rinse cycle before the actual wash. Then do a hot/cold wash with extra rinse cycle. Then do another cold rinse cycle after. So far I have not have any build up or stink issues whatsoever. I dry them in the dryer on medium.

When I get a little bit of staining or discoloration (from icky poop) I put the diapers/inserts (whatever is stained) in the sun for a couple of hours and they come right out.
  6. Senior Member
    I am an avid cloth diaper-er.
    I'm actually in the process of making and selling my own fitteds, but as for ones that are already being sold...

Name-Brand Wise:
    -BumGenius
    -Rumparooz
    -Goodmama

Work-at-Home-Mom (off of Hyena Cart):
    -Pooligans
    -Bag Shot Row Bamboo
  7. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Hmmm I may reconsider the AIOs/pocket diapers. That was originally the route I wanted to go before I bought the Thirsties for my son.... guess I better keep an open mind.

Off to check out Rumparooz and GoodMama (have already checked out bG... like those...). Thanks!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  8. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Ok, so with my son, one thing I really liked about the Thirsties was the VELOUR... just loved how soft it was. I'm not a huge fan of microfiber, personally. So I just checked some out... Swaddlebees--anyone used those? I think I remember my friend saying she liked them but I don't remember for sure.

What is "suedecloth"? That's what BG3.0 says the lining is... And FuzziBunz says microfleece. These are used because of their wicking properties, right? To keep baby dry? But I don't know what suedecloth is..??

I also might try GreenSprout... Green Sprout Baby cloth diaper, diaper cover, PUL, cloth, cloth wipe
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney. View Post
    Omg I just got way too excited I thought your eggo was preggo

you could always just safety pin your granny panties
    I was thinking the same thing!!!!! I guess I got to ahead of myself.....

Im thinking if #3 comes Im doing Cloth diaper. Ill have to do research up the fanny bc I know next to nothing so Im no help at all. I must say I did learn a lot from reading this thread though
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I love the gdiapers!! To wash them, I go through quite a routine, but it works for me.

I run a rinse cycle with hot water and 1/2 a cup of baking soda, then a full wash with 1/2 a cup white vinegar and detergent. Then one last rinse, just to make sure everything got rinsed out.

Then I let them air dry, keeps them nice longer I was actually scared to cloth diaper, and bought the gdiaper on a whim at babies r us when DS had a bad diaper rash, and I love them so much. I actually have to use disposables right now , because DS just grew out of the ones we have for him, and we're waiting for the medium. Can't wait to get them back!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast