Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breastfeeding sling?

1. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.

breastfeeding sling?

Advertisements
    I know there are tons of slings out there, and I could ask on an ILL message boards but they speak in a different tongue there.

I want a sling I can wear and breastfeed at the same time, has anyone here done it? I have read so many things... from making your own with 5 feet of material, to buying some 70 dollar pre-made thing but things still aren't registering in my head for some reason. I don't know what to avoid, what I shouldn't do, shouldn't buy, shouldn't let happen, should look for.. etc.

I guess i have to hear someone else's method so I can steal it.
  2. Senior Member
    Sorry I just used a Boppy I hope you find some answers.
  3. Senior Member
    I had a sling made for me and one that I bought, Ill see if I can find the link it was $40 and perfect. I could walk around the mall nursing and no one knew plus he loved being in it. My cousin made me one and that one worked better as he got older because there are so many ways to tie it (front, back, sides, rear facing and forward facing)
  4. Senior Member
  5. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat1983 View Post
    I had a sling made for me and one that I bought, Ill see if I can find the link it was $40 and perfect. I could walk around the mall nursing and no one knew plus he loved being in it. My cousin made me one and that one worked better as he got older because there are so many ways to tie it (front, back, sides, rear facing and forward facing)
    I'm totally looking for discreteness! my LO won't take a bottle!
    i just saw one (peapod)... 79.95!! wtf! lol
  6. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Are you just wanting something that will cover while you're nursing? Or are you wanting something that will allow you to carry baby too? I had a Peanut Shell sling with my youngest and it wasn't my favorite... next time I'm for sure getting a Moby Wrap. You can nurse in those too. Also, there have been some recent warnings about slings, as the way they curl a baby up and bend their neck, it can restrict airflow. (I can totally sees how this would happen and it was one reason I didn't love my Peanut Shell sling.

With a Moby Wrap there are TONS of different ways you can hold baby and their website gives really good instructions for each. For example, here's what they call the "breastfeeding hold":

Instructions-Breastfeeding

If you're JUST wanting a cover, I'd search on Etsy for a cute nursing/breastfeeding cover OR you can look for brands like Hooter Hiders or BeBe Au Lait.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  7. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    Are you just wanting something that will cover while you're nursing? Or are you wanting something that will allow you to carry baby too? I had a Peanut Shell sling with my youngest and it wasn't my favorite... next time I'm for sure getting a Moby Wrap. You can nurse in those too. Also, there have been some recent warnings about slings, as the way they curl a baby up and bend their neck, it can restrict airflow. (I can totally sees how this would happen and it was one reason I didn't love my Peanut Shell sling.

With a Moby Wrap there are TONS of different ways you can hold baby and their website gives really good instructions for each. For example, here's what they call the "breastfeeding hold":

Instructions-Breastfeeding

If you're JUST wanting a cover, I'd search on Etsy for a cute nursing/breastfeeding cover OR you can look for brands like Hooter Hiders or BeBe Au Lait.
    i want something i could carry her in. my cover is just so hard to enjoy. and its gets hot down there! and in the heat of the moment when shes crying and wanting food, it'd be 200x easier to already have her right there and hidden away with the boob ready to eat.

cause i HAD her in a front carrier, and i had to get her out of it, me out of it, still crying! still hungry! then i had to get out the cover, put it on while holding the crying baby, FINALLY latch her, all while killing my arm.
  8. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I have the moby wrap. (used it for the first time today!)
    I haven't tried it breastfeeding yet, but LOVE it for carrying him in. He feels soo sucure and safe in it.
    Still too new at breastfeeding to try that yet. Plus waiting for all my milk to come in.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

9. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    im thinking im going to get the Moby.. eventually.
  10. Regular Member
    rockinbabysling.com its a little expensive but my friend has one and loves it ive ordered one too.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast