Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Think I have everything!

1. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries

Think I have everything!

Advertisements
    But throw out some ideas that would have been great to have the first week or two baby was home.
    (that can be bought at walmart lol)
    We are going to walmart tonight to get some frozen foods and snacks. Also a new pillow since my mom is coming down next week.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

2. Senior Member
    I would definitely just stock up on frozen food and any other every day items you might need, but won't have time to go out and get. I bet you are getting excited!!!
  3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I'm excited but I've also had 3 panic attacks today
    I don't like that I know I will have him on monday
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Senior Member
    Totally normal, from what I hear. But I know you will do great being a mommy! And think about how much of a relief it will be on Tuesday for you!
  5. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie213 View Post
    Totally normal, from what I hear. But I know you will do great being a mommy! And think about how much of a relief it will be on Tuesday for you!

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

6. Senior Member
    Yeah I knew exactly when I was having my son also and it's nerve-racking. Luckily my sister was in labor the day before me so I was watching her kids which kept me distracted lol. I remember the first few weeks we rented a lot of movies, since we couldn't go out much it helped pass the time.
  7. Senior Member
    Okay Mac, I got your text. Things from WalMart for Dylan's first weeks home:

Lanolin for your boobies
    Lullaby music of some sort, or classical to play during the day when he's awake or asleep. It is good for them and soothes them too.
    Infant gowns if you don't have them already. Makes changing soooper easy.
    Frozen foods for easy cooking
    Lotion or baby oil for massages. I gave my little Ashley baby massages every morning when she was a newborn and it was a very special experience.
    Seriously, and this may be controversial, but I'm throwing it out there... When my first was born, I BF, but she KILLED my boobs. TMI, but dry, cracking, bleeding etc. My DH went to the store and got me Playtex nurser bottles, with the flat round nipple. I pumped and fed her that way during the day off and on (while still nursing too), to give my boobs a break. She had no trouble going back and forth and it saved me, lol. You may consider getting some, for standby, and you can always return them if unused... Just sayin.

Make sure your baby book and camera are always available
    Some wine for you

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - President Ronald Reagan
  8. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Swaddle blankets... burp rags... and swaddle blankets can double as burp rags, that's why I just had a ton of them LOL.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  9. Regular Member
    Chocolates. Not that hershey's junk either... some lindt or some ghiradelli. I mean, you just had a baby, after all. You're going to deservin' of some good chocolate.
  10. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    Okay Mac, I got your text. Things from WalMart for Dylan's first weeks home:

Lanolin for your boobies
    Lullaby music of some sort, or classical to play during the day when he's awake or asleep. It is good for them and soothes them too.
    Infant gowns if you don't have them already. Makes changing soooper easy.
    Frozen foods for easy cooking
    Lotion or baby oil for massages. I gave my little Ashley baby massages every morning when she was a newborn and it was a very special experience.
    Seriously, and this may be controversial, but I'm throwing it out there... When my first was born, I BF, but she KILLED my boobs. TMI, but dry, cracking, bleeding etc. My DH went to the store and got me Playtex nurser bottles, with the flat round nipple. I pumped and fed her that way during the day off and on (while still nursing too), to give my boobs a break. She had no trouble going back and forth and it saved me, lol. You may consider getting some, for standby, and you can always return them if unused... Just sayin.

Make sure your baby book and camera are always available
    Some wine for you
    You can also get Medela nipple shields (Avent makes some too but they're thicker and I just thought the Medela ones were sooo much better)--but use them as a last resort and only when you absolutely need to, because that barrier between you and baby can affect your milk production and baby's latch.

Of course the best way to prevent pain, cracking, and bleeding is to make sure that baby has a REALLY REALLY good latch--nice open wide mouth and not just sucking on the end of your nipple... but we all know that what's ideal and what's realistic are two very different things LOL.

Oh and you probably already have these, but nursing pads.. once my milk came in, it was all over the place. Lansinoh disposable nursing pads were my faves. They were like diapers for my boobies. LOL I would sleep with a deluxe 6-ply cloth diaper stuffed up inside my tshirt at night for my leaky boobs. And I'd still soak through but at least me and the bed wouldn't be totally soaked.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast