Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help on a new carseat!

1. .:I(L)You:.Those 3 Words Have My Life In Them
    .:I(L)You:.Those 3 Words Have My Life In Them

I need help on a new carseat!

Advertisements
    So my son is 5 months. Will be 6 months on the 3rd of next month. He weighs 20 lbs 12 oz. And its wayy to hard to freakin carry him & his carseat. He is almost too long for it too. So i need help on which carseat to get next. I want one thats for now and when he gets older! I feel like a new mom again with not knowing! lol.. Well i guess im still a new mom its only been 5 months but it feels like its been forever now! haha!

TIA!

IMy Baby Boy!
  2. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    So, you're looking for a convertible?

I have the Eddie Bauer for both girls, and I love it.. but they don't make it anymore I don't think.

3. .:I(L)You:.Those 3 Words Have My Life In Them
    Yea the convertible one! I just dont know which one is good or bad! I just wanna know what kind everyone is using nowa days i guess

IMy Baby Boy!
  4. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I highly recommend a Britax Marathon (or one of the other Britax seats that go up to 65 lbs). You can use it rear-facing until he's a year old (or older). And my 4 year old rides in one (forward facing) and has plenty of room to grow. They expire 6 years from date of manufacture. A lot of other brands of seats expire 5 years after date of manufacture, so that's something to keep in mind.

Happy carseat shopping!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  5. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    One more thing I really like about the Marathon is that it's easy to install and adjust... I've had no trouble getting it nice and tight when I put it in my car or others.
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  6. .:I(L)You:.Those 3 Words Have My Life In Them
    Thank you! I dont know if ill ever afford a 200 dollar carseat but ill have to save up if thats the case!

IMy Baby Boy!
  7. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by sailors.love View Post
    Thank you! I dont know if ill ever afford a 200 dollar carseat but ill have to save up if thats the case!
    They're worth the money, to me, because they will last a child roughly 6 years.
  8. Senior Member
    I couldn't find the one that I have, so I think they just don't make it anymore. But I found one that's pretty similar, same brand and everything.

Evenflo Triumph Advance LX Convertible Car Seat - Ashburn : Target

I really like it because it's so easy to loosen/tighten the harness, I get you would call it. The stuff that keeps the baby strapped in! It's a little bit cheaper than some other convertible car seats, but it has great reviews. And I love the one we have, it's just an older model I think.
  9. I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    I was a GREAT mom... until I had kids.
    Blog Entries
    ..most decent car seat are about 150 to 200 plus.. especially if you want it to last a while
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    I highly recommend a Britax Marathon (or one of the other Britax seats that go up to 65 lbs). You can use it rear-facing until he's a year old (or older). And my 4 year old rides in one (forward facing) and has plenty of room to grow. They expire 6 years from date of manufacture. A lot of other brands of seats expire 5 years after date of manufacture, so that's something to keep in mind.

Happy carseat shopping!
    Totally agree! I love mine, it was really worth the money. Have had one for each of my kids and they also hold up well.. And also what Beth said about being easy to put in and take out, I love that feature.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast