Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding.

1. Senior Member

Breastfeeding.

Advertisements
    So I just got the okay from my doctor that I can start exercising. But I am breastfeeding. I know that I can still do both. But I am just wondering what is the best way to lose the baby weight but still take in all the extra calories that I need to to still produce enough milk.

any help, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ladies!

Https://mommytograce.scentsy.us
  2. Senior Member
    Honestly, breastfeeding/production burns a ton of calories by themselves. If you are taking in all of your extra calories in a nutritious manner (IE, not filling up with empty calories), your exercise routine can consist of walking with baby or some simple aerobics.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie119 View Post
    Honestly, breastfeeding/production burns a ton of calories by themselves. If you are taking in all of your extra calories in a nutritious manner (IE, not filling up with empty calories), your exercise routine can consist of walking with baby or some simple aerobics.
    I have already lost a lot of weight, I tried walking with her but it has just been so cold here that I am afraid to take her outside. So I just wasn't sure if I needed to change things that I was eating ( I already eat healthy as it is) or what I should do. I just don't want to do anything that is going to effect my milk, or my baby.

4. Regular Member
    Calorie intake should be 1800-2200 per day, I just upped my water/fluids. Don't be worried about your milk supply.

kellymom.com :: Exercise and Breastfeeding
  5. Regular Member
    And Congrats on your baby and breastfeeding!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    And Congrats on your baby and breastfeeding!
    Thank you so much! If it weren't for my mom I would have quit the week I brought her home from the hospital.

7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by missmaaaine View Post
    Thank you so much! If it weren't for my mom I would have quit the week I brought her home from the hospital.
    It's very difficult to get the hang of and although people say it is a natural thing to do, sometimes us mommies and the babies still do it wrong.

Glad your mom was able to help you, that is great you have support. I didn't have that with my family at all.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    It's very difficult to get the hang of and although people say it is a natural thing to do, sometimes us mommies and the babies still do it wrong.

Glad your mom was able to help you, that is great you have support. I didn't have that with my family at all.
    It wasn't really getting the hang of it or anything. She latched on within 30 minutes of being born. My milk didn't come in til day 5. So she was trying to eat, but there was nothing for her to eat. So it was so painful and I cried every single time she would try to eat, because there was nothing for her. After those first 2 weeks was over it was a breeze.

It is really difficult to breastfeed if you don't have the support system that you need. For people to tell you that it will get better. My mom had to keep telling me, because I honestly didn't think it would ever get better. I think that is why a lot of moms give up. But it is so painful.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I lost 20 lbs and didn't change anything.

just watch what you eat and you should be fine.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie119 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    I lost 20 lbs and didn't change anything.

just watch what you eat and you should be fine.
    I wouldn't suggest any hard core arobics work out or anything like that, just walking and light exercise (yoga is good). If you are worried about your milk supply, try fenugeek (sp), mothers milk and oatmeal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast