Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaking Diapers

1. Senior Member

Leaking Diapers

Advertisements
    A couple nights a week I have gotten up with DD in the middle of the night to change and feed her. When I go to pick her up I realize pretty quickly that she's leaked right out of the diaper. I've moved her out of newborn diapers because they were getting a little snug. So she's wearing size 1 which is okay because she's over 10 pounds. But I just don't understand why sometimes she leaks out of the diaper. Since it's a little big I'm able to pull it up pretty high in the front and the back. And I make it pretty tight around her waist. I also check around the legs to make sure the elastic stuff is flared out. It always seems to have leaked from the top. Am I doing something wrong or is she just peeing a whole lot more some nights and less others. I mean I have changed a ton of diapers in my day and I have never had such a hard time keeping them from leaking. I would say it's about 3-4 times a week during the night. Do you all have any suggestions?
    Mommyof2in09 is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey
  2. Senior Member
    Have you tried switching to a different brand? DS pees through some, but not Huggies. He pees right through Pampers.
  3. Love Simply, Simply love
    Love Simply, Simply love
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather LB. View Post
    Have you tried switching to a different brand? DS pees through some, but not Huggies. He pees right through Pampers.
    Try another brand
    ...Done....
  4. and still I think of you
    and still I think of you
    Blog Entries
    I have had that problem with huggies.
  5. Senior Member
    I had that problem with DS for his first long stretch of sleep of night when he was in 1's. I ended up moving him to 2's even before he reached the weight limit of 1's and it helped us. But trying different brands may help too DS leaked through them all til I moved him up to 2

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I had the same problem (with Huggies) and I tried a few different brands, and decided on Luvs. Never have leaking issues with Luvs.
  7. Senior Member
    Try another kind. Different diapers work better for different babies. We never had problems in Pampers or Luvs as far as sposies go. We use cloth at home.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    You may be putting the diaper on too tight. Sometimes instead of absorbing the diaper acts like a pathway for things to come out. This is usually when the diaper is too tight. This can also happen if the diaper is too big. Worse comes to worse, try a different brand like others have suggested. My mother told me that, as a baby, I never wore the same brand of diapers two weeks in a row. It just depended on what worked at the time. So, don't be surprised if you have to go through several brands in order to find what you need and don't worry if you have to by a different brand when she grows some more.
  9. Senior Member
    I'll definitely look for some different brands. As of right now, I've tried Pampers, Luvs and Parent's Choice from Wal-Mart. I haven't tried any Huggie size 1. I've just been using what we were given from showers and stuff. They did a diaper door prize at one of my baby showers and we got a ton of different diapers and I had two diaper cakes made for me. Right now we have 700 different brands of size 1 diapers. I've just been using the diapers that were from our diaper cake since they were already out of the package. But I think I'll start opening some others and give them a try.

Also, I hadn't thought that maybe I was getting it on too tight. But it being too tight does make sense now that its been said.

Thanks ladies for your help with this. As you all know, it can be very frustrating.
    Mommyof2in09 is my Irish Twin Mommy Wifey
  10. Senior Member
    We can't use huggies because he leaks through no matter what. Its a trial and error thing. You will find a diaper that works for you guys!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast