Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breastmilk in bottles?

1. Junior Member

Breastmilk in bottles?

Advertisements
    I was thinking that I want to maybe pump a bit and have some bottles ready in case I have to be away from her. I was just wondering if you all have done that, how long did you wait to introduce the bottle? I just don't want her to not want to nurse and have a hard time with that. She is only a little over 2 weeks and she nurses like a champ right now. Also, what bottles would be the best?
  2. Senior Member
    I heard 6 weeks in the hospital from the lactation consultant. DD was in the NICU and NG fed, then bottle fed so we were SOL.
  3. Senior Member
    I heard 6 weeks, but Ive also heard people who have done it way earlier and havent had any problems.

We gave Carter a bottle around a couple weeks old, then he didnt want to nurse. Then we spent 7 months trying to get him to take a bottle at all We finally figured out he takes the nuby bottles.

You can always start pumping and freezing now for when you do plan to give baby a bottle.
  4. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

I have BF and given bottles. The bottles I've had the best luck with are the Adiri bottles.
  5. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    I heard 6 weeks, but Ive also heard people who have done it way earlier and havent had any problems.

We gave Carter a bottle around a couple weeks old, then he didnt want to nurse. Then we spent 7 months trying to get him to take a bottle at all We finally figured out he takes the nuby bottles.

You can always start pumping and freezing now for when you do plan to give baby a bottle.

. I don't give Annabella a bottle right now but when I feel like I have a little extra milk I pump one side while feeding the other and freeze it .
  6. 2010 we get to start our lives together...YAY!!!
    2010 we get to start our lives together...YAY!!!
    Blog Entries

With my my son he was in the NICU the 1st week and was bottle feed. They did allow me to breastfeed when I'd come to visit. He did well even though he was being bottlefeed. When he came home I kept up the same routine because sometimes I just was too tired to feed him. My daughter on the other hand was breastfeed from day one but she didnt care for it too much. I dont know. It was like I didnt produce enough for her to satisfy her. So I had no choice between going back to work and her always being hungry. Its totally up to the kid if they will or wont. Just stay with it if thats what you want to do.

I used Dr. Brown's bottles. They are a little tedious to clean but they are great.
  7. Senior Member
    They make special bottles for the purpose of pumping and feeding while breastfeeding.

I tried a bunch but the best one I found were called "breastflow" it mimicks the sucking that the baby has to do on the breast so they don't get nipple confusion.

I gave DD her first bottle of breastmilk at 2 1/2 weeks and she had no troubles going back and forth!
  8. Junior Member
    Thanks ladies! I think I will wait then until the 6 week mark just to make sure she is good and established on the breast. I think I will start pumping though like you said.
  9. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caimbrie View Post
    I have BF and given bottles. The bottles I've had the best luck with are the Adiri bottles.
    Can you buy them in stores or are they just online? I saw them yesterday on here, but didn't get home in time.
  10. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KatFrazier View Post
    They make special bottles for the purpose of pumping and feeding while breastfeeding.

I tried a bunch but the best one I found were called "breastflow" it mimicks the sucking that the baby has to do on the breast so they don't get nipple confusion.

I gave DD her first bottle of breastmilk at 2 1/2 weeks and she had no troubles going back and forth!
    Is "breastflow" the brand of bottle or is that like a bottle that say..playtex makes?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast