Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carseat question

1. Senior Member

Carseat question

Advertisements
    I'm undecided between the first years true fit and the sunshine kids radian. I went to the nearest babies r us to look at them. Of course the store doesn't carry either of them.

My question is; both seats look pretty tall. We drive an Explorer. Will either one fit comfortably in our car? I really hate to spend the money only to have to return it.
  2. Hooked on the sauce
    Hooked on the sauce
    How tall is your family? The drawback on one of the two carseats we own is its' height. Since it leans back (rear-facing at the moment), the person sitting in the front passenger seat has to be all the way forward for his carseat in back to be seated properly.

Since you have an Explorer, either one should work fine...I drive a teeny Hyundai.
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

caimbrie has the sunshine kids carseats in her van, the sunshine ones are one of the slimmest ones you can get. If you have a small vehicle , id go with the sunshine ones. We are getting 2 of those for our kiddos
  4. Senior Member
    width isn't really the issue. My husband is fairly tall and needs the seat pushed back and reclined a little bit. The carseat is behind the driver. I'm worried about getting one thats to tall and wont recline properly.
  5. Senior Member
    The Radian is VERY VERY hard to get upright in 90% of vehicles as the RF boot forces a 45* angle (which you need for an infant) If you go to car-seat.org and search for the radian successful install thread, I am sure someone over there has at least tried to install one in an Explorer. You could also just post b/c that thread is super super long.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I have the True Fit and I drive a Honda Pilot. We have plenty of room, both width wise and as far as leg room for us goes. It has a removable headrest on it that you can remove in the rear facing position up to like 20lbs I think. We have had to put ours on now, but it did not effect anything as far as the seat in front of the car seat goes -- we did not have to adjust anything, just simply put the head rest on the baby's seat.
  7. Senior Member
    We have issues with our Radian behind the driver seat, my DH can't drive our van with it there....and when it was in our Prius, I had to have it behind the passenger b/c I couldn't drive with it behind me. I love the seat though in other seats My 3rd is still in it sitting backwards. Another good seat that is cheaper ($150) and smaller but good is the Britax Roundabout50. It goes up to 50 pounds harnessed which is fine with me considering my son who is about to be 7 is just now hitting 50 pounds and I don't have him harnessed. He is in a TurboBooster as is my 5 year old. The Britax is also a lot lighter which makes it easier to switch in and out of other cars so its our back up carseat for babysitters and grandparents right now since DH is deployed and doesn't drive our second car right now.

GetSafeScents.com
    Now with even easier requirements to be a Scentsy Consultant!
    Thrifty Scentsy Tips | Join Scentsy| Jan is BBMB Month! | Grace Adele- 10% off this month!
    Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00 (those are zeros, not O's ) | PM me with your email for invite to new COACH Factory website!
  8. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

We have installed Zayne's Radian RF in our town in country behind the drivers seat and my husband is 6'3" . We haven't had an issue with them fitting.
  9. I'm Awesome
    I'm Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by treehugger View Post
    We have issues with our Radian behind the driver seat, my DH can't drive our van with it there....and when it was in our Prius, I had to have it behind the passenger b/c I couldn't drive with it behind me. I love the seat though in other seats My 3rd is still in it sitting backwards. Another good seat that is cheaper ($150) and smaller but good is the Britax Roundabout50. It goes up to 50 pounds harnessed which is fine with me considering my son who is about to be 7 is just now hitting 50 pounds and I don't have him harnessed. He is in a TurboBooster as is my 5 year old. The Britax is also a lot lighter which makes it easier to switch in and out of other cars so its our back up carseat for babysitters and grandparents right now since DH is deployed and doesn't drive our second car right now.
    My 7 1/2 and 5 year old are still in Radian's . My 7 year old is only 46lbs and 5 year old is only 39lbs.
  10. Junior Member
    Both my girls are in Radian 80's. We drive a Dodge Dakota quad cab- my husband is 6'2 and my oldest (who is 5 and 42 pounds) sits behind the driver's seat. We have no problems. I love how slim the seats are.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast